Sunday, September 7, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - "Still"

Compassion…how did I see it today?

In the drawing of a four year old who wanted me to feel better…
In the hugs of the same four year old who didn't want me to sit alone…
In the prayers of my dear sisters as they gathered around me…

God has His hands on my entire morning.  I was so blessed by receiving a text from a friend who goes to another church..."Praying for you and Doc this morning.  Love ya"  Little did she know just how much we needed prayers.  I immediately called her crying and asked her to pray for me as I was on my way to church and wasn't sure if I could "do it" or not.  I asked her to pray for me to not fall apart and for people to not ask me questions.  (When I am dealing with MS issues I just can't handle such things.)  She prayed and I felt a bit better until I pulled into the church and Doc came out to the car.  I felt like I was going to fall apart and I'm sure he didn't understand when I said, "Don't talk to me.  I just need to go teach my class."  People probably didn't understand when I kept to myself, set in the back and left as soon as the sermon was over either.  But that's my mode of protection during these days.

Some would ask why I even went to church.  As I struggled this morning to get ready I wasn't sure of that myself.  But I was blessed by going.  One of the biggest blessings was that of the song "Still" that we sang.  Even though I cried, I was blessed.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God


Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust


This storm I'm in right now is not by my choice.  I may have been able to make some better decisions to maybe avert it but I'm in it now and need to make right decisions.  I need to lean on the Lord for His Strength and for His Wisdom.  I saw a picture the other day that I need to remind myself of…




The way I get through these tough days is to lean on Philippians 4:13…I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You encouraged me today.  Thank You for Lynn, Adavee, Dawn, Alyssa, Nancy and especially little Kencaide who loved on me today through You.  Thank You for my husband who doesn't always know what to do with me in times like this yet always loves me.  Father, I pray for wisdom in the days ahead.  I pray for rest, not just physically but more importantly emotionally.  I pray for people to understand why I protect myself from situations that drain me.  Lord, the desire of my heart is just as this song says.  "I will soar with You above the storm."  Lord, thank You for this time to be still in You.  Thank You for being My Rest.  Amen.


No comments: