Monday, September 1, 2014

Psalm 100:2; 105:43; 32:11; 68:3 - September

September 1st….so hard to believe.  Where did the summer go?  I remember back at the beginning of the year Doc saying something about how we weren't going to be able to take our normal vacation time in August/September because summer was going to be too busy.  Little did we know just how busy it would be.  Three funerals this summer along with another funeral and a wedding this week.  That's enough to make anyone tired!  I am so thankful for the Lord's strength to get us through some tough days.  I'm also thankful for the joy of having grand baby #5 born this month.  It's also been fun doing "25 Things To Do Before Our 25th" activities throughout this year.  It's so hard to believe in 22 days our 25th anniversary will be here.  

I remember when I was growing up I would hear adults say, "Time goes faster as you get older."  I thought there was no way that could be true.  Now that I'm older, I believe it.  As I got my Momma's fall decorations out for her today, I was reminded of years gone by with decorating with my babies artwork.  I still have a pumpkin Paul and Ben each made me in grade school that gets put out each year.  Now my grand babies are making art projects.  

When I was growing up, September included…

  • First day of school…I loved going back to school.  I was a bit lonely on the farm during the summer.  My days were filled with reading and more reading.  Evenings were spent at the ball park with my Daddy. 
  • Wayne County Fair…the Kidney Foundation booth was where my family and I hung out.  I loved the fair food…especially Lerch's doughnuts…mmmm….
  • Cooler temperatures which meant my Daddy would come in from the farm earlier instead of being out in the fields late.
  • FFA boys doing their annual fundraiser catching chickens.
As I look at the next thirty days ahead in this month of September, I wonder what all will happen this month.  I pray that no matter what happens, the Lord's strength will be with me.  I also wonder what opportunities will come my way…who will I be able to be Jesus to…how will the Lord use me as His servant?  

I look forward to serving alongside my husband doing whatever the Lord asks of us.  I also look forward to seeing what new things the Lord will put before us.  Will there be new ministries?  Will there be new people put in our path?  I see September as being an exciting month.  

I've asked the Lord to forgive me for allowing these tough days to get to me.  I have been physically, mentally, and emotionally drained.  I still am struggling with these.  But He reminded me of some scripture to hold onto…

His truth produces a wealth of gladness that flows naturally outward from the heart: “Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing” (Psalm 100:2). “He brought out His people with joy, His chosen ones with gladness” (Psalm 105:43). “Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!” (Psalm 32:11). “Let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God; yes, let them rejoice exceedingly” (Psalm 68:3).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of days gone by.  I also thank You for the reminder of these words from the book of Psalm.  Father, tomorrow is another day of ministering to those who are grieving.  I pray for Your strength to not only get me through these days but to enable me to be joyful.  Father, thank You for today with the visits with my Momma, Paul, Liz and Miss Bella.  Thank You for my husband who cares so much for me.  I praise You for the way he is not only my husband but also my pastor.  Thank You Jesus for being My Joy Maker.  Amen.

No comments: