Thursday, September 18, 2014

Philippians 3:20-21 - "Praise Adonai"

2:56 AM…text for prayer for a young man who had collapsed and taken to the ER.  As Doc left, I started praying.  The Lord gave me "Praise Adonai" which I thought was a strange song to receive at that very moment.  I wondered if I had heard it before going to bed or if it truly was for the situation.  Then the Lord spoke, "He is safe in my arms."  Wow…  This came before I received the next text that he had passed.  I was overwhelmed.  I kept praying for his family and the Lord spoke again, "I took him to protect him."  Wow…  

I never met this young man but now have been told a little about his life.  He recently was in jail and found the Lord.  In the last couple weeks since being released he has shared scripture with his family and talked about the Lord.  The icing on the cake for me this morning as I shared this with his family was when one of his aunt's shared that about the same time as she was praying the Lord told her that He took him "while his heart was tender for Him."  Wow…what a confirmation!

This young man, a new believer, is in the arms of the Lord because he made a decision for Him.  God only knows what would have happened in his life had He not taken him from this earth.  This gives a whole new meaning to the thought of being protected by the Lord.  It turns a "negative" situation into a "positive"…it's turns a hopeless situation into one of hope…it helps the grieving process in a mighty way.  

I was thinking about the words to "Praise Adonai"….

Praise Adonai
From the rising of the sun
'Til the end of every day
Jay had his moment of experiencing "From the rising of the sun…" and now had his moment of "'Til the end of every day…"  He is with the Lord all because he made the decision to accept him in his heart.  I think about my writing a day or two ago about how we all have decisions to make.  Heaven or hell…worldly ways or total surrender to the Lord…wow…  

Jay was so young with three children and as a human we question, "Why was he taken?"  But Jay has taken his citizenship up in heaven and for that we can sing "Praise Adonai."  Philippians 3:20-21 reads, But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words You gave me and then confirmed through Theresa.  Thank You for loving Jay so much that you wanted to keep him for eternity.  Lord, bless this family as they go through these tough days.  Enable them to lean upon Your strength.  Thank You Jesus for being Our Protector.  Amen.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this post. Jay will be truly missed.

My Strength said...

We continue to pray for your family…love ya!