Sunday, April 14, 2013

Psalm 25:4-5 - "Waiting Here For You"

I woke up this morning singing Christy Nockel's song "Waiting Here For You" and immediately started thinking about corporate worship.  I pray people will go into corporate worship today with the expectation of being blessed.  I pray the Lord will come down upon His Church in a mighty way with His Holy Spirit moving in and through the people.  I pray people will look to the Lord and be able to say "And we're desperate for Your presence..." because "All we need is You!"  Woo hoo!  I know people worship in different ways.  Some are loud, some are quiet.  Some are weeping, some are laughing.  But it doesn't matter how we worship.  What matters is that we do worship.  The Lord desires our worship.  He wants to bless us through our worship.  He wants to see and hear us worship Him.  The desire of His heart is that we wait for Him to lead us.

As the song says, we need to wait before the Lord.  Waiting is not a common practice for most humans.  It's hard to wait when you want to see something happen.  It's hard to wait when you are expecting something.  But if we don't wait on His Holy Spirit to lead us we will miss the blessings He has for us.  So many times I've tried to figure things out on how something was going to get worked out when I didn't have to.  All I had to do was pray for His Guidance and then wait on the direction given to me.  I love Psalm 25:4-5.  "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me: for You are the God of my salvation; on You do I wait all day."  That is exactly where I want to be in my relationship with the Lord.  Waiting for His direction.  Waiting for His blessings.  

Dear Jesus,  I pray as we gather today for corporate worship that Your Holy Spirit would come in a mighty way.  I pray against the enemy having any foothold within the people.  I pray against distractions in the service.  Lord, enable each and every person to worship You.  I thank You, Father, that You accept our worship no matter how it is given.  I also thank You Father for having freedom in worship.  Bless us Lord as we bless You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Director!  Amen.


Waiting on God Old Testament Scriptures
Genesis 49:18   I have waited for Your salvation, O Lord.
Psalm 25:3   Let none that wait on You be ashamed.
Psalm 25:4-5   Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me: for You are the God of my salvation; on You do I wait all day.
Psalm 25:21   Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait for You.
Psalm 27:14   Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 31:24   Be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who wait for the Lord.
Psalm 33:20, 22   Our soul waits for the Lord: He is our help and our shield. Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, as we wait for You.
Psalm 37:7, 9   Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him... Those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
Psalm 37:34   Wait on the Lord and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land. Psalm 40:1 I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 59:9   I will wait for You, oh You my strength, for God is my defense.
Psalm 62:1   Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my salvation.

Psalm 62:5-6   My soul, wait silently for God alone; my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation.
Psalm 106:13   They soon forgot His works; they did not wait for His counsel.
Psalm 130:5-6   I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word do I hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning - yes, more than they that watch for the morning.
Isaiah 8:17   I will wait upon the Lord, that hides His face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for Him.
Isaiah 25:9   And it shall be said in that day, Look, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.
Isaiah 26:8-9   Yes, in the way of Your judgments, O Lord, have we waited for You. The desire of our soul is for Your name. With my soul I have desired You in the night. Yes, by my spirit within me I will seek You early.
Isaiah 30:18   Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you; blessed are all those who wait for Him.
Isaiah 40:31   They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Isaiah 49:23   You will know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.
Isaiah 64:4   For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him.
Lamentations 3:25   The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.
Lamentations 3:26   It is good that one should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Micah 7:7   Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Hosea 12:6   So you, by the help of your God, return; observe mercy and justice, and wait on your God continually. 



"Waiting Here For You" - Christy Nockel's
If faith can move the mountains
Let the mountains move
We come with expectation
Waiting here for you, I’m waiting here for you

You’re the Lord of all creation
And still you know my heart
The Author of Salvation 
You’ve loved us from the start

CHORUS
Waiting here for You
With our hands lifted high in praise
And it's You we adore
Singing Alleluia

You are everything You’ve promised
Your faithfulness is true
And we're desperate for Your presence
All we need is You

CHORUS

Singing Alleluia
Alleluia, singing alleluia, alleluia

CHORUS

Waiting here for you
With our hands lifted high in praise
And it's You we adore 
We're singing Alleluia

I'm singing Alleluia
Waiting here for you 
With our hands lifted high in praise
And it's You we adore 
Singing Alleluia
Singing Alleluia



No comments: