Saturday, April 13, 2013

II Corinthians 4:7-18 - My Joy

Lord,

Today is one of them days I would just like to run away....perhaps to a beach with bright sunshine and the the sound of the waves.  Are You sure this is where we are suppose to be?  Are you sure You haven't called us to a church close to the beach?  I know, I know...we are right where we are suppose to be.  I think my problem is the whole schedule thing.  Here it is April and I would like to be planning a vacation to look forward to but instead we are facing Doc's second knee surgery, General Assembly, District Assembly, and VBS.  I'm not saying I don't like those things but I am saying it will be hard to get through everything.  OK...I'm through whining...sorry...but remember You made me the way I am.  LOL

I do want to thank You for the check-up with Dr Berke yesterday.  "Boring"....yes, that's how he described me.  I don't think I've ever been described quite like that but in this case "boring" is good.  Thank You for the way You have given me Your Strength to get through the ups and downs with the MS.  Thank You for the opportunities You have put before me to share You with others with the MS.  Thank You for the endurance You give me on "bad" days.  I am totally amazed that it's been 19 years since I heard the words from Dr Cochrane, "Oh, hon, I think you have MS."  The day before hearing the ER doctor say "stroke" was bad enough but MS?  I sure didn't know what to expect and every day is a challenge, some more so than others.  I know You have a reason for it and whatever You want to happen through it, I'm ready.

Father, these next few weeks will be different in our lives with Doc's surgery.  I pray for You to strengthen both of us mentally, emotionally, and physically.  I pray You will enable him to be You to the ones who care for him in the hospital as he did before.  I pray for Your guidance of the surgeon's hands and I pray for each and every caretaker to have a gentle touch with him.  Lord, You heal through doctors, medicine, and miraculously....Your will Lord, Your will.  

Lord, today I feel like I'm rambling on...You already know what's on my heart but I just needed to get it out.  I ask that You enable me to stay focused on You with whatever is ahead.  Keep me in Your Presence, Lord.  Enable me to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking as he did last night.  You are greater than him...woo hoo!  

Thank You for taking me to II Corinthians 4:7-18 this morning.  


7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.
13 It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken."[a] With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


Thank You Lord that I can enjoy joy through everything that comes my way.  I like what I read this morning about the action of joy.  "Not a reaction to an exterior transaction....but the action of the interior movement of the Holy Ghost. It is the joy that allows us to say when we loose a loved one or experience heart ache or pain, that the sorrow is going to endure for a night but JOY is coming........after all the things I have been through I still have JOY."  Woo hoo!  Lord, keep me so focused that no matter what comes my way I don't react to anything external but instead have Your actions through me.  

Thank You Jesus for being My Joy!









No comments: