Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Daniel 3:15 - Horns Were Heard

Last night when I was listening to Doc play his guitar and sing I was reminded about an experience I had during Praise and Worship this past Sunday.  As I was worshiping with my eyes closed I suddenly heard a horn with the Praise Team.  I opened my eyes to see who was playing a horn.  We don't have a horn in the Praise Team but it took me by such surprise that I looked.  I can't remember if I heard it for all the songs or not.  "I Am Free"; "Our God"; "Forever Reign"; and "The Stand" were the set.  It was awesome yet not sure what it was.  When I told Doc, he told me to go onto YouTube because there are several videos about people hearing horns where there aren't horns.  It was amazing!  I asked him if him or Adavee had horns playing with their instruments.  He said he didn't so then I called Adavee and she said she didn't either.  I was beginning to think I was either losing my mind or the Lord shared something really special with me.  Thankfully I am not losing my mind because when Adavee told James he said he heard them too!  Wow!  What does it mean?  Why did we hear them?  Daniel 3:15 reads, "Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?"  I was so ready to worship on Sunday....I was excited with what had happened with the Lord speaking to one of the teens in my class.  Was God giving me/those who heard a glimpse of a deeper worship?  Were the horns a sign that the end of time on this earth is drawing near as speculated on some of the YouTube videos?  I read on insearchoftruth.com....


Trumpets and horns were used in musical praise; however, they were often used in relation to sounding a battle communication. The blast of a trumpet was used to signal everything from the anointing of a new king (II Samuel 15:10) to the call to battle (Judges 3:27), and from welcoming a holy feast day (Leviticus 23:24) to instructing the host of Israel to begin marching (Numbers 10:2-10). In the absence of megaphones, the sound of trumpets could travel long distances, conveying important messages to large numbers of people. These references are separated, because they deal with the sounds of communication - not the melody of worship.

"...the sounds of communication - not the melody of worship."  I wonder if the horn on Sunday was to get me tuned into when the Holy Spirit gave me direction at altar time.  Doc was preaching on "Hope" and he asked at the end for those who needed prayer for "Hope" to raise their hands.  Immediately, the Holy Spirit told me the enemy was going among the people and putting more discouragement into their hearts.  He told me to wave the white flag.  So I did.  At the same time He was telling me this, He was also telling Doc that the enemy needed to be out of the room.  I thought about getting one of the smaller flags but the Holy Spirit was insistent that it had to be the white flag.  I've always thought of the white flag as showing surrender....  I don't know who needed to surrender to the Lord but I know the enemy was fighting for their soul.  

Lord, I pray today that You will continue to reveal to me more about what You want of me.  I continue to pray for more of You and less of me to show through.  I pray for the ones who raised their hands on Sunday...I pray for them to have You as their Hope.  I pray for the ones who were discouraged by the enemy...I pray for them to realize You are greater than the discouragement put upon them by the enemy.  Lord, would You please give me more insight into the horns that were heard?  In Your Time, In Your Way....it's so exciting to be living for You!  Thank You Jesus for being My Life!



No comments: