Friday, April 26, 2013

Philippians 4:13 - Seeing The Cup Half Full

One of the lessons I learned from my earthly Daddy was to see the cup half full instead of half empty.  He taught me to keep going when I didn't feel like I had the strength.  He also taught me to lean on the Lord's strength at all times.  When my Heavenly Daddy gave me Philippians 4:13 as I was going through my MS diagnosis, my earthly Daddy reinforced it with me.  "Now Sheila Babe you can do this.  You are a fighter like me.  If I can fight to come back after being hit by a train, you can fight this disease."  At times when I was at my lowest it was my earthly Daddy who would encourage me to pick myself up and move.  

So here I am today...feeling very low and my earthly Daddy is not here to call me to encourage me to move.  I want to lay on the couch, cuddled under my blankie with my four-legged buddy and do nothing.  But I know my earthly Daddy would not be happy with me if I did.  He use to say, "It's ok to rest a bit but don't lay around or you will get bed sores."  LOL  

Today is the day I need to start living again in the way my earthly Daddy would want me to.  Today is the day I need to look around and see who I can encourage as he did.  Today is the day I need to lean more on my Heavenly Father's strength than ever before.  The loss of my earthly Daddy is so hard to deal with....maybe even harder than dealing with the MS.  His death is final as long as I'm on this earth but praise God I will see him again in heaven!  

Dear Jesus,
I am praying for Your Strength to fill me as I go throughout this day.  Lord, I don't know what this day holds but I know You are in control of it.  I praise You Lord for giving me an earthly Daddy who taught me so much while he was on this earth.  I praise You for being my Heavenly Daddy who loves me so greatly.  Lord, I want to see the cup half full and not half empty.  Open my eyes to blessings.  Open my eyes to opportunities to be Jesus to others today.  Use me Lord to encourage others.  I am claiming (once again) Philippians 4:13.  "I, Sheila, can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Thank You Jesus for being My Strength.  Amen.


No comments: