Saturday, April 27, 2013

Philippians 4:14-20 - Renewed and Refreshed

The Lord took me to Philippians 4:14-20 this morning.


14 Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. 15 Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; 16 for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need. 17 Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account. 18 I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I can so relate to this passage.  We are being blessed over and over with people dropping off food, gift cards, etc.  God is really blessing me with giving people words for me that touch me greatly.  People are definitely sharing our tough days with us.  I totally agree with verse 17.  "Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account."  It's not that we are desperate for meals but it sure helps to not have to think about such things.  People blessing me with things is really blessing me because they are being Jesus to us.  I can just imagine Him looking down and being so proud of them. I am sure the words on His lips are, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"  

So many times in the past the Holy Spirit would prompt me to drop food off to someone and I would comply.  Now I am on the other end of things.  I will say it is easier to be on the giving end than the receiving end.  It's hard to accept.  When asked, I tell people we don't need anything.  I can think of all sorts of reasons as to why I say that....people are busy with their own lives, I am capable of making our meals myself, etc.  But then I think of all the times I've said, "You don't want to deprive me of my blessing do you?" when I would give to others.  So I need to accept whatever blessings the Lord has in store for us. I need to take this time to get renewed and refreshed in order to be able to be a blessing to others again.

Dear Jesus,
I know You already know this but these are some tough days for us.  As if Doc's surgery wasn't enough then my Daddy's death just four days afterwards has been really tough.  This surgery for Doc has been so different and that makes life tough too.  Father, I want to thank You for all the blessings You are giving us.  I ask that You renew and refresh me, Lord.  I also pray for my husband to be renewed and refreshed not only in his physical body but in his emotional body.  Thank You Jesus for being My Refresher!  Amen.







No comments: