Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Where Do I Go?"

Yesterday was a tough day emotionally.  As we were sitting in the ER for Doc's head pain I asked him, "How am I doing?  I've never been through this before.  I don't know how I'm suppose to be."  His response was, "You are doing well considering all you are dealing with between your Daddy's death and my problems.  Many people would have already fallen apart."  I came close to falling apart yesterday morning but the Lord encouraged me through words of different people.  I was especially blessed last evening when Kari shared words the Lord gave her for me.

Your word: Daughter I love you and you are doing so well. I know it's a bit much right now... lean on My strength. I am with you.  Keep going as my daughter of the most high You are a threat to the prince of lies who wants to drag you down and feel overwhelmed and defeated  but keep flying on my wings as I take you above the mountains heights.  They are a camouflage of mole hills that really exist. Take my hand as I walk you through the waters. You will be refilled and strengthened and stronger as you keep going forth. Peace I give to you.

Wow!  Those are some very encouraging words.  I didn't understand the "camouflage of mole hills" but after Doc and I talked about it I did.  The Lord wants me to realize things that seem like mountains are truly only mole hills.  "Take my hand as I walk you through the waters" is an affirmation of what the Lord gave me a few weeks ago about walking through muddy waters.  I can see how what I'm going through would be considered "muddy"...lol.   I am so thankful for these words that were given for me and thankful for Kari who shared them with me.

A little while later Lizzy shared with me something from Lysa TerKeurst...

Over time I've learned that God Himself comes to us personally when we're afraid or grieving.  Even when we can't process what life throws at us, we can know that God stays with us in our grief.  He never leaves no matter how messy our grief gets.

Wow!  Another good word to ponder.  I've wondered why Daddy's death had to happen at the same time as Doc's surgery.  I've even asked God "why" is Doc going through all these problems.  Doc keeps reminding me that God has a reason for everything but when you are going through these days it's difficult.  My Daddy was my biggest cheerleader...my biggest encourager...one that always loved me no matter what.  Then Doc came into my life and he started the same.  These last few days without either of them by my side has been rough.  Doc said that maybe God wanted me to see just how strong I was without them.  I want to hold my hands up and say, "OK God, I get it.  Now can I have Doc with me?"  When I think about it though, I must admit that the Lord has been there as my cheerleader, encourager and loving on me...woo hoo!

Dear Jesus, 
I am so blessed by You!  I love You so much!  I praise Your Holy Name for all the ways You shower me with Your love!  Father, I am holding onto Deuteronomy 31:6 today.  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Lord, I need Your strength and your courage to get through today and tomorrow.  You reminded me in my dream last night that when I see my Daddy's body, he is not there.  He is with you rejoicing in heaven.  Thank You for that reminder.  You also woke me up singing "Where Do I Go" which I believe is Your way of reminding me to stay close to You.  Thank You for all of the words given to me by others and by Yourself during these days.  Thank You Lord for being My Heavenly Daddy.  Amen.


Where do I go?  When I need a shelter?
Where do I go?  When I need a friend?
Where do I go?  When I need some helping?
Where do I go?  Back on my knees again
Ask me this question, I’ll tell you no lie
How did I get this fire in my life
All is not certain, but I will get by
Listen I’ll tell you why
Sure as the winter comes after the fall
Sure as true love tears down any wall
Oh, my Jesus is able to carry it all
He will answer our call


No comments: