Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Philippians 4:8 - 10,000 Reasons


I woke up this morning singing "10,000 Reasons" and thought "Woo hoo...thank You Jesus for giving me so much to praise You for!"  "10,000 reasons for my heart to find..."  10,000 is a whole lot of reasons but I bet if I made a list I would have more than 10,000 reasons to praise the Lord.  I also was thinking about how the more praise I give, the less room there is for the enemy to put doubt or discouragement in me.  It's kind of like what I tell the teens about Philippians 4:8.  Junk in, Junk out.  If I put praise into my life, it will flow out of my life.  "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."  YES!  That's the kind of life I love living.  I love praising the Lord and I know the more I seek His Presence, the more I will receive from Him.  "Worship His holy name..."  YES!  The more I worship Him instead of worship worldly things, the more eternal blessings I will receive from Him.  

Lord,
It's a new day.  The song goes, "The sun comes up; It's a new day dawning; It's time to sing Your song again; Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me; Let me be singing when the evening comes."  I don't know what is ahead in this day but I know You do and that's all that matters.  I am praising You as I wake and I will be praising You when I lay my head down to sleep tonight.  Pour out Your Presence upon me....pour out Your Blessings upon me...use me in a mighty way to be Jesus to others today. 
Amen.





Bless the Lord O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
The sun comes upIt's a new day dawningIt's time to sing Your song againWhatever may pass and whatever lies before meLet me be singing when the evening comes
Bless the Lord O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name
You're rich in love and You're slow to angerYour name is great and Your heart is kindFor all Your goodness I will keep on singing10,000 reasons for my heart to find
Bless the Lord O my soulO my soulWorship his holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy nameAnd on that day when my strength is failingThe end draws near and my time has comeStill my soul will sing Your praise unending10,000 years and then forever moreBless the Lord O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy nameBless the Lord O my soulO my soulWorship His holy nameSing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name (repeat 3x)Sing like never beforeO my soulI'll worship Your holy name (repeat 3x)





No comments: