Thursday, April 18, 2013

Psalm 121 - "My Help Comes From The Lord"


The Lord took me to Psalm 121 this morning as I was praying for many different situations.  It seems like there are so many battles being fought.  Some involve those who are struggling in their walk with the Lord, others are firm in their walk.  I am sure the enemy is present in some of these situations but I am also sure the Lord is also present in other situations as He trys to get people to draw closer to Him.  He gives us opportunities to live in a closer relationship with Him by giving us situations where we have to depend upon Him instead of ourselves.  

Psalm 121 encourages us that no matter what we are going through, He is there to help us.  Verses seven and eight touch me.  "The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."  I think many times we think the Lord won't allow anything to go wrong in our lives.  We blame the enemy when bad stuff happens.  But I believe the Lord gives us struggles to wake us up.  He wants us to allow Him to have complete reign of everything we say and do.  The desire of His heart is complete surrender from us.  My surrender to Him allows Him complete access into all of my life.  That means I am not trying to hide anything from Him, even though that is not possible.  I am comforted in knowing He is watching over me.  When I think of some of the stuff people are going through right now, I wonder how many of them have truly surrendered to Him.  I wonder how many can look at their situation and realize the Lord is there for them.  I wonder how many of the situations are opportunities for their eyes to be opened.  I wonder how many of the situations are of the Lord and how many are from the enemy.  It doesn't really matter.  What matters is that the Lord has put these ones on my heart to pray for and that is what I am to do.  I don't need to know particulars.  All I need to know is everyone can have the Lord's help, no matter what their situation is.


This morning I am praying for those who need to be reminded that their help comes from the Lord...
  • The single Mom who is struggling with raising teens.
  • The parents who are burying their teenage son today.
  • The one who is in physical pain today.
  • The one who continues to struggle with addiction.
  • The one who feels like they have no one in this world.
  • The one who has been talking the talk but not necessarily walking the walk and feeling the effects of how the Lord is trying to open their hearts up.
  • The children who are being effected in a negative way by the actions of their parents.
  • The ones who are praying for their unsaved spouse.
  • The parents who have a child in the hospital.
  • The one who has to go for further medical testing.
  • The one who is being evicted from their home.
  • The ones who are dealing with a loved one dying.
  • The parent who is watching their adult child make some bad decisions.

I am also rejoicing for those who have been touched by the Lord...
  • The one who was promised her hearing would be restored within the year and is hearing things such as birds for the very first time.
  • The opportunity the Lord gave me yesterday to help a lady in a wheelchair...what a blessing in how the Lord used me to love on her.
  • The one who received good medical test results yesterday.
  • The one who celebrated her 103 birthday yesterday.

Dear Jesus,
I am singing The Museum's "My Help Comes From The Lord" this morning.  I praise You, Father, that I can truly sing and mean "Maker of heaven, giver of life; You are my strength; You're my refuge; Now and forevermore..."  Lord, I pray for others to come into a relationship with You where they can say the same thing.  Father, You know the things going on in my life right now and the struggles I am having but I am blessed that these things are in Your Hands.  I don't have to worry about them because You are in control of all.  Thank You Lord for being My Help!  Amen.


My Help Comes From The Lord - The Museum
[verse 1:]
When sorrows come and hope seems gone
You're the rock i rest upon
When waters rise and i can't breathe
You're the love that rescues me

[bridge:]
Out of the darkness i lift up my eyes
Unto the hills i feel my faith rise

[chorus 1:]
Maker of heaven giver of life
You are my strength 
my song in the night 
my refuge my shelter 
now and forevermore 
my help comes from the lord

[verse 2:]

When i'm broken scarred by sin
Death gives way to life again
When i suffer when i doubt
In you i'm free in you i'm found

[repeat bridge:]
[repeat chorus:]

[chorus 2:]
Maker of heaven giver of life
You are my strength
You're my refuge
Now and forevermore...




Psalm 121

1I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

No comments: