Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Decision Making Scriptures

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. 

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.


James 4:14-15

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

Jeremiah 29:11 
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Psalm 119:105 
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.


Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.


Hebrews 11:6 
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.


Romans 8:28 
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.



Dear Jesus,
This morning you woke me up praying for someone who has a big decision to make.  Lord, I pray they will seek You in this decision.  These scriptures You have taken me to are ones that point us in the right direction in our decision making.  Your Word tells us to seek You.  It tells us to trust You.  When we truly do that with our lives, we don't have to wonder if we are doing right or not.  Your peace will overcome us and we will know we are doing what You desire of us.  Lord, I pray for this one as they seek You to not have any roadblocks from the enemy.  I pray they will be in Your Word and on their knees listening to You.  Father, I am thankful for Jeremiah 29:11.  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  The key in this verse is that You know what is ahead for us.  We don't have to know.  We need to walk in faith with what You put before us.  Woo hoo!  I am claiming James 4:14-15.  Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."  I pray for the one making the decision to do so also.  Your Will, Lord, Your Will.  Thank You Jesus for being My Promise Keeper!  Amen.


No comments: