Monday, April 29, 2013

Nehemiah 8:10b - Joy of the Lord - Trading My Sorrows

"joy comes in the morning..."  The Lord gave that saying to Doc last week.  This morning when I woke up to him not being in bed I knew he had another bad night of pain.  This saying was the first thing that came to my mind.  "When will his joy come, Lord?  What morning will we see his pain lessen, Lord?"  OK, now I'm being a little crabby or whatever you want to call it.  I'm sorry, Lord.  I know in my mind that things have to happen in Your time.  I know in my mind that You are taking care of us.  I know in my mind that this is just a season of life we are in.  But...yes I did say that nasty word...but.  But hasn't there been enough pain in the last two weeks?  Are we missing a lesson here or what?  Are we missing an opportunity to do something for Your Glory?  Lord, I'm trying to be strong.  I'm trying to let people see Your Strength in me.  I'm trying for You to be glorified through me.  It's just so hard when you see someone you love in pain...pain that's not getting any better....pain that medication doesn't touch...pain of losing someone who you depended upon.  

I am claiming Nehemiah 8:10b.  "The joy of the Lord is my strength."  Today is the day for me to rely on His joy for my strength.  I read this morning, "The joy of the Lord becomes our strength as we realize that we can only come to God from where we are."  I am in a tough place of mourning over my Daddy's death and dealing with my husband's pain.  Life is not what it normally is.  (Although "normal" isn't something I usually consider for our life.)  Even though it is not "normal" it is what it is for this season of life.  I have to allow the Lord to love on me and restore my joy.  In Nehemiah the Israelites were returning to the Lord.  It was an exciting day not only on this earth but also in heaven as all rejoiced over their salvation.  The desire of my heart is for rejoicing in heaven over me realizing I need to depend upon "the joy of the Lord for my strength."  Psalm 30:5b reads, "Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."  As I think about these words, I'm encouraged that "morning" will come.  I know that in my mind and in my heart.  I'm claiming the words to the song "Trading My Sorrows."


I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord

[Chorus:]
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning


I am saying "yes" to whatever the Lord needs of me in order for me to see His joy again.  I'm saying "yes" to whatever He needs to do in me for me to be His servant in a greater way.  Yes, "I'm pressed but not crushed"...these last two weeks have been very tough but I know I have the Lord's strength to rely on.  I love the part, "I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure; And his joy's gonna be my strength..."  Woo hoo!  The Lord has blessed me in so many ways even through the turmoil.  The words from people, the cards of encouragement, the calls, the food...all the ways He has used people has blessed me greatly.


Dear Jesus,
I am saying "YES" to whatever You need.  Lord, if I am missing an opportunity to be You to someone or an opportunity for people to see You glorified through me please forgive me.  I praise You Lord for being here for me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Joy!  Amen.

No comments: