Sunday, November 1, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Fear No More"

When I went to bed last night, I was thankful there was going to be an additional hour of sleep involved. I asked God for me to be able to go to sleep easily as I was so tired and He did. He had me pray a general prayer for pastors before going to sleep. When He woke me during the night to pray for them, it was prayers for strength in many who are struggling. This morning He woke me to these words of the song Fear No More...


Every anxious thought that steals my breath
It's a heavy weight upon my chest
As I lie awake and wonder what the future will hold
Help me to remember that You're in control

You're my courage when I worry in the dead of night
You're my strength 'cause I'm not strong enough to win this fight
You are greater than the battle raging in my mind
I will trust You, Lord, I will fear no more


We all need to trust God with every aspect of life. We need to allow Him to be in control instead of allowing fear of the unknown to control us. Doc and I stood upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout many tough days but especially during the months he dealt with the pancreatic cancer. I remember driving home from Bluffton in a nasty storm a couple weeks before his diagnostic and praying out loud II Timothy 1:7 repeatedly. I did not realize within a short time our world was going to be turned upside down with his diagnosis. Many times, throughout those days fear would try its hardest to creep in but we stayed strong in trusting God. Even when everything seems to be falling apart God is there to make sure things all work out for our good. No matter how deep your faith is fear can still come. No matter how strong you are in your spiritual walk fear can come. I think when one's faith is strong the enemy tries even harder to get into them. Satan does not like people to have a strong faith. He already has access into people's lives with little or no faith. That is why he tries so hard on those with a strong faith. We must allow God to be our courage and our strength through the battles we have before us. We must also remember not all of our battles come from the enemy. God puts situations before us so our faith has an opportunity to grow. Sometimes He puts people in our lives to stretch our faith. Praise His Holy Name!


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the memory of Doc and his silliness last year for Halloween! Thank You for my tribe who continue to love on me so well! I am one blessed lady! I prayed last night before going to bed, during the night when You woke me, and again this morning for pastors. I prayed as You directed for those going through struggles. I pray for those with physical, mental, emotional, and financial needs in themselves and/or family members. Most of all I pray for their spiritual needs to be met. I pray for the pastor's family who lost him this week after a long battle with COVID19 to continue to feel Your presence. May Your presence be so very near to them. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me today to overflowing with more of You. May You shine brightly through me as I preach this morning and shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. Thank You for my friend Martha who took me to lunch yesterday and Kandi who gave me the flowers from her garden! What a treasure I have in my relationships! I pray You will continue to use medication to help my Momma to feel better and give her better days. I pray for my friend Cait who is having health issues to feel Your loving arms wrapped around her. Thank You Father for being My Courage and Strength! Amen.

No comments: