Tuesday, November 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 89 - "God So Loved"


The Lord woke me to the words of God So Loved that We The Kingdom sings. Woo hoo, God! These words mean the world to me.

For God so loved the world that He gave us
His one and only Son to save us
Whoever believes in Him will live forever
The power of hell forever defeated
Now it is well, I'm walking in freedom
For God so loved, God so loved the world

The word forever is used in two ways in these lyrics. One to describe what life will be when we believe in Him. The other to describe how satan is defeated when we allow the Holy Spirit to live in and through us. We do not have to fear anything that comes our way but instead can stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in the strength of the Holy Spirit. We must stay focused on God so the enemy does not have an open door into our lives. He can creep in through people, music we listen to, what we watch on TV or see at the movies...there are so many ways. The more we fill ourselves up with God, the more we will be able to praise God. The more we focus on God, the more we will be able to praise God. The more we share our testimony and are bold in our witness, the more we will be able to praise God.

Praise God, praise God
From whom all blessings flow
Praise Him, praise Him
For the wonders of His love
Praise God, praise God
From whom all blessings flow
Praise Him, praise Him
For the wonders of His love
His amazing love

His love is so amazing! His love covers all our sins! His love is all we need to not just get through life but to flourish! His love needs to ooze out of us so others will desire to live for Him too. His love is what life should be all about. Our calendar should not be filled up with 'stuff' but instead we should be open to whatever He calls us to do. Our checkbook/debit card should not be filled with evidence of worldly things but instead should show God's business being done. Our lives should not be ones of distraught in the midst of the chaos of life but should show God's peace. The only way for us to live as He desires is to be totally sold out to Him. God gave everything including His Only Son so we could live. Jesus came to this earth to be our Example of how to live. His Word is full of great treasures to guide us. He desires us to conquer the enemy and be victorious. Woo hoo! That is how I desire to live my life too! I am determined to be victorious through the 'tough' days of life. I am determined to not allow the enemy one little foothold into my life. I am determined to stay focused on God so the passwords of praise will ooze out of me and I will live in His wrap-around presence (Psalm 89). Woo hoo! I am determined to be the woman God is calling me to be. 

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for the way You blessed me yesterday! Thank You for the day ahead! Thank You for my time with my new friend Kaleigh! I pray blessings over her appointment today. Thank You for the way You spoke to me as I studied yesterday morning and then You brought everything together last night with what You desire of me to preach Sunday! I get so excited as we go through that process. Woo hoo! Lord, cleanse me so I can be filled with more of You. Empower me to be who You have called me to be. I pray for Cait as she goes through her test today to feel Your presence and know You are with her. I also pray for: Valarie and her family as they mourn Little Melody; Corey with the loss of Kirstin; and LaNora with the loss of Ray. May they and all who are grieving feel Your peace. I pray for Debbie with her broken arm and Teresa with COVID19 to experience Your peace. I pray for the family dealing with the husband having serious medical needs to feel Your peace. Lord, most of all I pray for those with spiritual needs to have someone go before them and be You to them. Lord, help me to get better at sharing Your love with others. Thank You for being My Example! Amen.


No comments: