Sunday, November 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Look Up Child"


I prayed before going to sleep for pastors who would be in the pulpit this morning. During the night God woke me to pray for pastors dealing with physical issues to lean into Him to get through them. One time He woke me to pray for pastors as they lead their congregations through these turbulent times with COVID19, elections, etc. He had me pray for all of us to lean into Him instead of allowing the enemy any open door. He also had me pray against division among the people and to pray for unity to happen. This morning I woke to the words of a song Lauren Daigle sings called Look Up Child.

Look up child, hey
Look up child, hey
Look up child, hey
Look up…

You're not threatened by the war
You're not shaken by the storm
I know You're in control
Even in our suffering
Even when it can't be seen
I know You're in control.

Yes! He is in control and we all need to remember that. He knows what we are going through and is right there with us to get through all of the junk of this world. He desires us to lean into Him. He desires us to allow Him to guide us through the 'tough' days on this earth so we can spend eternity with Him. He desires us to be on our knees seeking Him so we will walk the road of obedience to His will. He desires us to know His love so we can share it with others. He desires us to stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit instead of allowing the enemy to put fear upon us. Plain and simple. He desires us to live in Him. Last night as I read through Doc's journals I was so blessed by the prayers of his heart. He prayed for God to cleanse him so he could walk in His will. He prayed for me and the boys to go deeper in our faith. He prayed for his church people to receive what God gave him for them to hear and to live as God desired. The desire of his heart was to be who God wanted him to be. I miss him as my husband but I also miss him as my pastor. I miss his teaching and preaching but I especially miss his prayers. I pray God will empower me to be a better leader. I pray He will give me more of a heart to love with His love so people will realize His love. I pray for all pastors to have this desire.

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for another Saturday night of praying for pastors! Thank You for my time last night when You drew me to read Doc's journals! Thank You for his love I experienced through that time! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You today! Thank You for giving not only myself but all pastors a heart for You so others will experience Your love! Thank You for giving pastors what we need physically, mentally, emotionally, and most of all spiritually as we go into the pulpit today! I pray a physical touch upon those who are dealing with issues such as Mike Dennis. I pray for pastors who are struggling in their churches financially over these last months with COVID19 and for pastors dealing with division in their churches due to politics. May You be greater than anything that comes our way. May You take us all deeper in our faith through turbulent times. Thank You Jesus for being The One In Control! Amen.


No comments: