Friday, November 13, 2020

John 1:4; I John 1:5-7 - "Alive"

Each time I woke up during the night I had words to Big Daddy Weave's song Alive going through my mind. The one time I woke He had John 1:4 on my mind. John begins his book talking about a life with Christ when we are in relationship with Him. Verse four in the New Living Testament reads: What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by. When we live for Him on this earth, we will live for eternity with Him. Woo hoo!


But God, rich in mercy
You came to save me
Now I'm alive
But God, strong and mighty
You reached down for me
So I could rise

Now I'm breathing in, breathing out
I was in the grave, but God you called me out
Now I'm breathing in, breathing out
I was in the grave, but God you called me out


In The Passion Translation John begins his writing with these words. In the very beginning the Living Expression was already there. And the Living Expression was with God, yet fully God. God sent His Son to earth to live among the people. He sent Him to die on the cross for all our sins. He sent Him to rise from the grave so we can all live. We have the opportunity to live in His presence when we choose to do so. His presence is where freedom and peace are found. I am so grateful for His love, mercy, and grace that is poured down upon me every day. He could have left me living with the enemy playing havoc in my life but instead He chose to lift me out of the 'junk' of life and save me. Woo hoo! Oh, how I pray for more people to get to the point in life where they realize He is the way to live. I pray for more people to get to the end of themselves and allow Him to have total control over their entire being. We all have the opportunity to live in His Light. As we allow Him to shine brightly through us, He will use us as His faithful servants. I love how one commentary put it...


All that in men which is true light--knowledge, integrity, intelligent, willing subjection to God, love to Him and to their fellow creatures, wisdom, purity, holy joy, rational happiness--all this "light of men" has its fountain in the essential original "life" of "the Word" 


His attributes will flow out of us as we become more Christ-like. I desire to shine brightly for Him in this fallen world. I desire for people to see Him in me and desire to be in relationship with Him.


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for pulling me out of 'junk' of life and giving me another chance to live for You! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit! Thank You for going before me today and being my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts so people will see You shine brightly in and through me. Thank You for directing my steps in the day ahead! Thank You for my appointment yesterday with the neurologist! Lord, I pray for the results of the MRI to be favorable and not show activity with the MS. I also pray it will happen sooner than later. It was different not having Doc to talk to about what she said. Another first. Thank You Father for continuing to be with me during these days of transition to being a widow! Thank You for being My Living Expression! Amen.


No comments: