Tuesday, November 3, 2020

James 4:14 - "Behold Him"


Two weeks. It seems like it has been so much longer since I held Mordecei for his last breath. Oh how I miss my four-legged buddy. I miss him waiting for me when I come home. I miss him at meal time. I miss him when I need someone to talk to. I miss him snuggling with me especially on these cooler days. Pretty much I miss him all the time. He was with me through cervical surgeries, MS exasperations, my Daddy's death, Doc's death....so many things. He was my emotional support dog even though he was not licensed as such. Mordecei was probably one of the most traveled dogs who ever lived. His first year he traveled with us to the Atlantic Ocean, Nashville, and took a trip to the Grand Canyon with visiting multiple states. He put so much pleasure in our lives. He was also involved in ministry with being the mascot in various VBS's at Willard. One time when a friend was at the house who was going through a tough time Doc prayed over him. When he was finished, we opened our eyes to find Mordecei having his paw up on the man's leg. He was loved by pretty much all who met him. He showed his love in different ways. Sometimes laying at your feet. Sometimes licking you with his ole slobbery tongue. When Doc was in bed so much, Mordecei laid underneath to be close to him. He was not happy when the hospital bed was brought in and he could not get under it. When I found Doc on the floor from the stroke, Mordecei was laying with his head beside Doc's. The memories with my four-legged buddy give me such comfort in knowing he lived a good life yet I still have a great hole in my heart with his loss. Doc did not believe dogs went to heaven and was pretty vocal about that belief. A friend shared with me after Mordecei died about what Doc had told him when he lost his dog. 

So sorry to hear about Morti. Pastor Doc told me one time that he didn't believe dogs went to Heaven because they have no soul. I hope that he was wrong and he got a big surprise in Heaven!!!! Living alone, I'd be crazy without them. And we had a discussion in Sunday School one time about it and most of us believed they did. But Doc knew his scripture. Let's both hope God surprises all of us. Besides....what is God spelled backwards?

His words gave me a mental picture of Mordecei running up to his Daddy to surprise him. There are so many unknowns about what heaven will be like. It really does not matter to me the unknowns. What matters is that I go there and I share His love so others will also spend eternity with Him. Mordecei's death brought about blessings through a new friend who recently rescued a dog and needed some things. I was able to gift her a few things but I also made a new friend in the process. I invited her to watch our church service and she was blessed through it. Praise His Holy Name! His life blessed me and now his death blessed me. God has also blessed me through His peace being mine throughout these days of losing Mort so soon after Doc leaving. Praise His Holy Name! I have been asked so many times if/when I will get another dog. Maybe some day but it would not be fair to another dog for it to happen anytime soon. I am going through so many changes in life and I need to settle in before making that decision. I am thankful God is with me every step of the way. I am thankful His love encompasses me every moment of every day. Last night Ben shared the song "Behold Him" by Francesca Battistelli and the tears flowed. There is one line in the song that says "Some years it's okay to cry..." I do believe 2020 is a year where a lot of tears have fallen and it's OK. Praise His Holy Name!

In your silent night
When you're not alright
Lift your eyes and behold Him
Feel the thrill of hope
You are not alone
In this moment behold Him

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for being with me these last two weeks since Mort took his last breath! It was two months this morning Doc said 'I love you' for his final time. These days have been 'tough' yet You continue to bless me. Thank You for Ben sharing "Behold Him" last night! I am so thankful for the knowledge I do not have to worry about anything because You are in control. None of us will stay on this earth forever. We need to be ready at all time to walk into Your arms for eternal living. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. Be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in the most profound way. I pray for Corey as he continues in these tough days of Kirstin's death and for Alyssa, Desiree, and Chloe as they have their Momma's funeral today. May You give Pastor James Your words to comfort them and their family. I pray for Your closeness to Donis and Phil with the loss of their mothers. I pray for peace throughout our nation today and the days ahead with the elections. Thank You for being My Thrill of Hope! Amen.

No comments: