Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Matthew 28:19-20 - "Only Jesus"

I panicked when I could not find Doc's service in Ohio on-line. I had not saved it anywhere thinking I would always be able to go to the church page to watch it. Thankfully, it had just been moved to the district page. This is the second time I watched the replay of it. Once again, I was so blessed by all said by those who participated. This morning God woke me to the words of the song Only Jesus by Casting Crowns.


All the kingdoms built, all the trophies won
Will crumble into dust when it’s said and done
'Cause all that really mattered
Did I live the truth to the ones I love?
Was my life the proof that there is only One
Whose name will last forever?
And I, I don’t want to leave a legacy
I don’t care if they remember me
Only Jesus
And I, I've only got one life to live
I'll let every second point to Him
Only Jesus


Doc truly lived out a life for Christ. He mirrored Christ in the way he lived, the words he said, etc. Watching and listening to James, Ben, and Craig reminded me of how well Doc did what Jesus commands all of us to do through the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20). He replicated himself in such a great way. I am grateful for the way he mentored people, especially myself. I am grateful for the way he took time to love with God's love. He had such a compassionate heart and wanted everyone to be in relationship with God. As I read his journals the other night, I read between the lines the hurt of his heart with people who were not walking with God. I remember one time he said in a sermon about how the birth date and the death date on a person's headstone were not important. It was how the 'dash' in between was lived out that really mattered. I need to get better at living out my 'dash' time. I do not want to waste the time God gives me on this earth. Listening to Shannon talk about even when we were seven hundred plus miles away Doc still ministered to the department blessed me greatly. Last June when Doc found out they were in a serious situation he not only prayed but he let them know he was praying. When people ask you to pray for them, they are blessed in knowing you will do as you say. This week has been full of prayer requests. People know when I say I will pray, I will. They know they can depend upon me to pray when they ask. I am thankful God has given me the heart of a prayer warrior. I miss praying with Doc. Even when he was in the hospital, we would FaceTime to pray at bedtime. I am thankful for the memories I have of doing life with him. He would tease me about always taking pictures but the many pictures I have continue to be a part of my healing process. Ben's words at the service of life in Ohio continue to be with me. This is a new season of life. It is a season I never expected to be in but God continues to be with me through it. This week has been full of times of healing. I am so grateful for the way God walked us through those last months we lived out together on this earth. I also am grateful for the way He continues to strengthen me as I adjust to life without my honey.


Dear Jesus,

Thank You for the memories that continue to heal my heart from Doc leaving this earth! Thank You for giving me so many ways to heal! Thank You for the upcoming holidays I am going to spend with family! Thank You for answering Kaleigh's prayers with a job and for Sam and his wife with their new home! Thank You for giving me a heart to pray for others! Lord, may You cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. May You shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. My prayers are heavy for so many people. The lady who lost her husband this week; Jenn's daughter; Rebecca Belt's mother; Ashley and her family with the loss of Nick's mother; Gay's brother Walt with medical issues; a man in ICU from an overdose; Christy, Tammie, and Sandi with selling/buying homes; people without work or having less hours; Shari's little grandson; the homeless as the weather is changing; Valarie and her family with Little Melody's funeral; and so many others. I pray for safe travels for Bob and Beth today and for them to have an impactful time with family. Lord, once again I pray for my life to be lived as You desire. May Your will be done through everything I do or say. Thank You Jesus for being My Example To Follow! Amen.

No comments: