Friday, November 6, 2020

Psalm 16 - "Who You Are To Me"


The Lord woke me at 4:10 to pray for a friend. This is the second day He did this. When I asked the friend if there was anything in particular to pray for they said there was not. When times like this happen, I wonder if God is protecting people from something unknown. I also wonder if it is God's way to get us to go deeper in our faith. Will we be obedient when He wakes us to pray? When we are told there is no great need in a person's life, will we quit praying for them? How will God use our obedience? I know I always want to walk in obedience to Him. This morning He took me to Psalm 16 to ponder upon. I love this Psalm where I read how satisfied David was in his relationship with God. I love to see how David was satisfied through trusting Him. He was satisfied by living in God's presence here on earth and knowing he would live with Him for eternity. In The Passion Translation it reads:

Keep me safe, O mighty God.
I run for dear life to you, my safe place.
So I said to the Lord God,
“You are my Maker, my Mediator, and my Master.
Any good thing you find in me has come from you.”
And he said to me, “My holy lovers are wonderful,
my majestic ones, my glorious ones,
fulfilling all my desires.”
Yet there are those who yield to their weakness,
and they will have troubles and sorrows unending.
I never gather with such ones,
nor give them honor in any way.
Lord, I have chosen you alone as my inheritance.
You are my prize, my pleasure, and my portion.
I leave my destiny and its timing in your hands.
Your pleasant path leads me to pleasant places.
I’m overwhelmed by the privileges
that come with following you,
for you have given me the best!
The way you counsel and correct me makes me praise you more,
for your whispers in the night give me wisdom,
showing me what to do next.
Because you are close to me and always available,
my confidence will never be shaken,
for I experience your wrap-around presence every moment.
My heart and soul explode with joy—full of glory!
Even my body will rest confident and secure.
10 For you will not abandon me to the realm of death,
nor will you allow your Holy One to experience corruption.
11 For you bring me a continual revelation of resurrection life,
the path to the bliss that brings me face-to-face with you.

I love the titles David gives God. My Maker, my Mediator, and my Master. My prize, My pleasure, and My portion. I also love the way David describes his relationship with God especially for your whispers in the night give me wisdom, showing me what to do next. God gives me so much insight during the night. He loves on me 24/7 or as David says, for I experience Your wrap-around presence every moment. Woo hoo! Yes! David was satisfied on this earth. He knew where he would spend eternity and that gave him a sense of satisfaction. David knew he needed to continue living in God's presence, doing His will to have eternal life with Him. He knew dying to self was not just a one-time thing but needed to continually be in his spirit. David's last words of this Psalm in verse eleven in The Living Translation are the icing on the cake for me. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence  and the pleasures of living with you forever. Woo hoo! Yes! Living in His presence brings me great joy not only on this earth but for eternity with Him in heaven. He blesses me in abundance every day. I am so thankful for the way He is walking with me through these great losses in life. I am grateful He continues to give me exactly what I need. Like David, I am satisfied in the Lord. I am satisfied with knowing He loves me so much. I could never be completely satisfied where I am in my relationship with Him because there is always room for growth. I desire for my faith to be taken deeper and my light to shine brighter for Him. I desire for people to see His strength in me more today than yesterday. I desire to have more of His wisdom. Plain and simple. I desire more of Him to flow in and through me. One writer wrote David was satisfied with God because of the stabilizing influence that God had on him. Yes! I am satisfied with God because of His stabilizing influence. That influence is what keeps me grounded in my relationship with Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love! Thank You for the opportunities You will give me in the day ahead! Thank You for the strength You continue to give me as I find my way through this new life without Doc! Thank You for the 'gifts' such as the picture I found on my computer yesterday of him and lunch with my friends Rhonda, Sheri, and Chrissy! Lord, cleanse me of anything not of You so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May you shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way than ever before. I pray for my friend You woke me up to pray for the last two days. I do not know why You have me praying but You do and that is all that matters. I pray for the lady You told me to give money to yesterday at the store. Once again, I do not understand why it was such a little amount but You do and that is all that matters. Lord, I pray for Your healing touch on: my friend Cait; Little Melody who is hospitalized; a lady who was taken to the ER with chest pains; a lady who is on a vent in ICU with COVID19; and many others dealing with health issues. I pray for Colleen as Triston's medications were adjusted again. I also continue to pray for many in a season of loss. Donis; LaNora; Corey; Alyssa, Desiree, and Chloe; Mr. Fran; Grammy; and our family. May You continue to give Your strength through 'tough' days. Thank You Jesus for being My Stabilizing Influence!

No comments: