Saturday, November 7, 2020

Numbers 6:24-26 - "God So Loved"

God loves us all so much. The desire of His heart is for all people to love Him. When we love Him, we can love others with His love. This has been a theme in my life in such a powerful way for several weeks. This morning He woke me to the God So Loved that We Thy Kingdom sings. I love these words...

For God so loved the world that He gave us
His one and only Son to save us
Whoever believes in Him will live forever
The power of hell forever defeated
Now it is well, I'm walking in freedom
For God so loved, God so loved the world

Praise God, praise God
From whom all blessings flow
Praise Him, praise Him
For the wonders of His love
Praise God, praise God
From whom all blessings flow
Praise Him, praise Him
For the wonders of His love
His amazing love

He gave His Son so we could all live. He loves us so much that He does not want to have one person go to hell. He gives us all free choice. We are the only ones who can decide to live for Him or to allow the enemy his way in our life. I am so grateful for God to be the One in charge of my life. I am so grateful for the way He blesses me daily. I am so grateful even in these days where I cannot fathom being a widow at age fifty-nine, He encourages me. I am so grateful times of being with couples is becoming easier. I am so grateful I am not afraid of driving alone at night. I am so grateful for my tribe who continue to support me. Plain and simple. I am so grateful for being a daughter of the Most High. This picture was taken on the night of my ordination interview. I was so blessed to have Doc with me especially since the ordination service has yet to happen. We talked on the way home about how blessed
we were as a couple serving God together. We talked about things we were praying about as individuals and as a couple. I remember being so tired after the interview. I know it was just an emotional let-down after the anticipation of the evening. Once again God blessed me through Doc that evening.  

Dear Jesus,

Thank You for all the blessings of yesterday and the ones You will provide in the day ahead! Thank You for calming the tingling a bit yesterday so I could enjoy time with friends! Thank You for my tribe who loved on me so well yesterday! Ofie and Lisa; Norma; Rhonda and Chris; Chrissy; Nancy; Carol; Paula; Sheri; Will and Sandy. Thank You for those who will come today for work day at the church! May You be in the midst of our conversation and work. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! May You ooze out of my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. Father, another loss on this earth is breaking my heart. How I pray for Your comfort for Valarie and her family with the loss of Little Melody. Be so very near to them during these 'tough' days. My heart also breaks for several others who are going through: the loss of a loved one; fighting disease in themselves or in a loved one; having relationships issues; and especially for those who are battling spiritual issues. May You be greater than what they are facing so they will come into Your arms for Your peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Most High! Amen.

1 comment:

My Strength said...

Thank you, Carolynn! It is only through the prayers of His people that I am getting through this time. Love