Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Psalm 46 - Still

When I struggle physically, I struggle emotionally.  I don't like not being able to do what I normally do.  I also don't like the feeling of emptiness in my physical and emotional body.  Praise God my spiritual tank stays full through the Presence of the Lord.  As I fell into bed last night I thought about how I just don't have anymore to give.  Issues have taken a toll on my physical body which in turn cause me to be so emotional.  

Doc saw a saying that he told me I need to take on during times like this.  It went something like, "My alone time is for your safety."  LOL  It's times like this that I just need to run away and not have to think or do anything for anyone or have to talk to anyone.  That sounds terrible.  I don't mean to be selfish but that sure sounds like I am.  I just need to feel better physically and emotionally.  

How can that happen?  This morning I am praying for the Lord to bless me with a day of rest and quietness.  I am praying for Him to guide my steps in the direction of healing.  When the calls come for me to do something for someone else, I am praying for discernment on how to handle them.  If I don't feel better myself, I can't help others and that is not a fun place to be.

Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
    and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam
    and the mountains quake with their surging.
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
    the holy place where the Most High dwells.
God is within her, she will not fall;
    God will help her at break of day.
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
    he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done,
    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”


11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress.

still  adv. adverb
  1. Without movement; motionlessly.
    stand still.
  2. At the present time; for the present.
    We are still waiting.
  3. Up to or at a specified time; yet.
    still had not made up her mind.
Synonyms

Be still and know that I am God…Psalm 46:10.  As much as possible, I will be still today.  I am praying for Him to be exalted in healing my physical and emotional body.  He knows what He wants of me today and I pray for discernment as the day proceeds.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your words of encouragement this morning.  Thank You for loving me and for healing me.  Thank You for giving me exactly what I need today.  Father, speak clearly to me as I seek this healing.  Thank You Jesus for being My Refuge and My Strength.  Amen.

No comments: