Thursday, June 26, 2014

Matthew 22:34-40 - Loving With God's Love

So many people....
so many hurting people...
so many hurting people who need The Lord...
so many hurting people who need to surrender to The Lord.

It seems like every time I turn around there is another person who needs prayed for.  Many of these people either don't know The Lord or have walked away from them.  I just wish I could smack them up the side of the head and wake them up.  But of course that wouldn't be what Jesus would want of me.  He would want me to love them and to pray for them.  The desire of His heart would be for me to be a beacon of light to them.  How can I be a beacon of light to those who don't want to have a different life?  How can I make a difference in the lives of people who are happy with the way they are?  The only way is to be Jesus to them.  I need to show them unconditional love just as He would.  Wow!  That's not always easy to do.  When people keep living the way the ways of the world and refuse The Lord, it's hard to love them.  But if we follow His direction we must love them.

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law,tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”  37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’  40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I am praying for the love of Jesus to take over some people's lives.  I am praying nothing will go right for them until they accept The Lord as their God instead of the things of this world they have as their god.  I pray for...

...the alcoholic who struggles with sobriety.  I pray for this time sober to be his time of complete surrender
...the heroin addict who needs to get to the end of herself and allow God to cleanse her.  I also pray protection over her family
...the mother who is allowing the world to suck her into it and away from The Lord

Dear Jesus,
I pray You will enable me to be the beacon of light You so desire of me.  I pray for more of You and less of me.  Lord, these three individuals You have laid on my heart to pray for this morning are precious people.  They are Your children who need You in a mighty way.  Father, whatever I can do to make a difference is the desire of my heart.  Thank You Jesus for being My God.  Amen.

No comments: