Friday, June 13, 2014

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:7; Nehemiah 8:10b - "Our God"

I woke up this morning singing Chris Tomlin's "Our God."  Part of it goes like this…

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God, our God

I started thinking about how God is greater than everything we go through.  He is greater than…

…the hurt the wife is going through as she buries her husband today
…the hurt the boys felt as they went through their mother's funeral yesterday
…the pain the one is experiencing today from surgery
…the fear the parents are feeling for their addicted daughter
…the uncertainty the one is feeling on where they are to be serving the Lord
…the confusion of one who is hearing voices 

As I was singing this song through my mind I received a text from a friend who received the news there is a chance her cancer has returned.  The testing started yesterday, will continue today and into next week.  She has dealt with so much suffering in her lifetime.  She shared she realizes she lives in bondage, chained to fear because of all of the physical challenges she has been through.  The "hot spots" that showed on the bone scan yesterday are just one more thing to pull her down.  I shared with her some scripture and words of encouragement...

2 Timothy 1:7...God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid. He gave us a spirit of power, love and self control.

Philippians 4:7…She can do all things through Christ who gives her strength.

Nehemiah 8:10...the joy of The Lord is my strength.

You have The Lord with you…His strength is over you especially when you have none left of your own. His strength is perfect and the more we lean upon it the more of His joy we will have. Do not give into any fear the enemy places upon you.  Claim the joy of The Lord to get You through these days.

Dear Jesus,
Once again I come to you with a heavy heart.  Another friend dealing with the possibility of cancer.  Burying a friend yesterday from cancer was hard.  I pray for her family as they go through these days of not having her with them.  I am claiming the words of "Our God" this morning.  You are greater…You are stronger...You are higher than any other…You are our healer…You are awesome in power….You are our God.  I praise Your Holy Name for being who You are to me!  Thank You Jesus for being My God!  Amen.





No comments: