Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Matthew 6:9-13 - "God of Wonders"

The Lord woke me up singing "God of Wonders" this morning.  As I was singing, I thought about how when He is truly our "...Lord of heaven and earth ." our life is different.  We don't have to fret over such things as a day full of appointments.  When we pray for the Lord's will, we leave the day in His hands.  We are told in Matthew 6:9-13 to do just this.

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Verse ten is instrumental in what will happen when we pray this way.  Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  Praying His will is the only way we should pray.  We don't know what's best for us.  Only He does.  Therefore, why should we ask Him to do something that may not be His will?  We shouldn't.  

This song says, "You are holy…"  Isn't that enough for us to know to make us realize the importance of depending upon Him.  We seek to be like Him.  The desire of our heart should be to also be holy.  But we can never be the same as Him; only be seeking holiness for ourself.    

holyVariationadj.adjective
    1. Belonging to, derived from, or associated with a divine power; sacred.
    2. Regarded with or worthy of worship or veneration; revered.
      a holy book.
    3. Living according to a strict or highly moral religious or spiritual system; saintly.
      a holy person.
    4. Specified or set apart for a religious purpose.
      a holy place.
    5. Solemnly undertaken; sacrosanct.
      a holy pledge.
    6. Regarded as deserving special respect or reverence.
      The pursuit of peace is our holiest quest.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this reminder this morning.  Thank You for loving me enough to encourage me throughout my days.  I praise You for the encouragement I received from my friends yesterday when I fell apart.  I praise You for the day that is ahead.  Father, I am praying Your Word over this day.  "They kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."  Lord, only You know the outcome of this day.  It is in Your hands, not mine.  Father, would you please use me in this day to be You to others?  Would You please not let me get so caught up in everything that I miss an opportunity You put before me?  Most of all would You please guard my tongue from saying anything that is not part of Your will?  I praise You Father for being My Holiness.  Amen.


No comments: