Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Romans 8:28-31 - "Oceans"

Yesterday as I went throughout my day I had the music of a song going through my head.  Later in the day the lyrics started coming to me.  It was no surprise when I woke up to the song today.  "Oceans (Where Feet May Fall)" that Hillsong sings is about how no matter where The Lord takes us our faith will be with us.  There is one part in particular that blesses me beyond measure.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

The Lord never leaves us.  No matter what comes before us He is there.  His Word tells us in Romans 8:28-31...

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He alos justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" 

We just need to remember to keep our focus on Him.  We need to make sure our faith is grounded in Him so we won't fall.

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


It all comes back to living in His Presence.  Seeking His Will each and every day...

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander

And my faith will be made strong
In the presence of my Savior

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this song.  Thank You for loving me so very much.  "I am Yours and You are mine" continues to be the desire of my heart.  Lord, "When oceans rise; My soul will rest in Your embrace..."  YES!  You have given me the example of what it means to be faithful.  You are always there for me and I want to always be with You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Faithfulness.  Amen.


No comments: