Saturday, June 14, 2014

Matthew 19:17; Matthew 6:13; John 10:10

3:10 AM….eyes fly open with an urgency to pray…I asked the Lord who and His reply was "D."    I asked Him if there was anything in particular I was to pray for and He replied, "Protection."  I prayed and I prayed and I prayed.  As I prayed, I felt like there was something so much greater going on than I could even begin to imagine.  

After I woke up this morning, I told Doc that I needed to talk to him as my pastor not my husband.  Of course, not too many people wake him up from a dead sleep to discuss such stuff so I had to give him some time to get woke up.  LOL  I told him about the prayer time last night and asked him why God has us pray for people like that in the middle of the night.  The thing that is always perplexing to me is this.  With God being an all-knowing, all-powerful God why does He need us to pray?  Does our prayers change things?  Some times I know He asks us to do things to see if we will be obedient but is that always the case?  

Doc shared when we pray for protection over someone or a situation there is a battle between good and evil going on.  We aren't praying for God to have the strength in the situation because He is an all-powerful God.  But we are praying for the angels who are in battle to have strength.  

Scripture tells us that there are two spiritual forces working in this world.  Matthew 19:17 reads, “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied.“There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”  God is good.  Matthew 6:13 tells us about "the evil one."  We also read in John 10:10 about the evil one. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  

D is definitely in a battle between good and evil.  As a teenager, he struggled in life but tried to do what was right.  Then he had a few years of doing drugs which in turn caused the stealing, lying, etc. to go on.  The good one out and he had a few years of doing well.  He had a full-time job and life seemed to be getting better.  I don't know what happened but now he has lost his job due to testing positive for drugs.  The stealing has started again in order to support his habit.  My heart breaks for him and his family.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me as a prayer warrior.  I pray my prayers made a difference in D's life last night.  I pray, Father, You will put someone before him that will make a difference in his life.  Lord, I pray for the good to win out not only in his life but in others who I know are struggling with drug and alcohol addiction.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Listen To.  Amen.

No comments: