Monday, June 30, 2014

Psalm 23:6 - CUPS

Psalm 23:6 - My cup runneth over...

As I reflect back on Mission Nashville I am so blessed.  I know the ten teens who went with Doc and I were blessed to.  All of our cups were overflowing.  The main reason being is we chose to live Kingdom Life.  We chose to focus on the Lord and not ourselves or others.  We chose to do what the Lord directed us to do.

As I preached about yesterday, the teens showed attributes we, as a church, can learn from.
    • Compassion - seeing teens at the altar praying with other teens was such a blessing to me
    • Unity - working together as a team is something adults struggle with
    • Perseverance - not giving up when it would have been so easy
    • Servant heart - no matter what task was put before them, they did it with a servant attitude
Those of us who went to Nashville were challenged to come home and continue with living a Kingdom life.  In order for that to happen we must show these same attributes.  Compassion.  Unity.  Perseverance.  Servant heart.  In order for that to happen we must keep our focus on the Lord.  When we do these things, then we will have cups overflowing with blessings.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings from the mission trip last week.  Thank You for using me as Your servant not only in areas of ministry in Nashville but with the group we took.  I praise Your Holy Name for loving me enough to put opportunities before me to serve others.  Thank You Jesus for being My Blesser.  Amen.

No comments: