Friday, June 20, 2014

Ephesians 6:10-20 - "Help Me Find It"

This week has been a tough one for me.  As I think back upon everything that has happened it's no wonder I am feeling empty.  It's also didn't surprise me when the Lord woke me up to a song Sidewalk Prophet's sing called "Help Me Find It."  The words reminded me to not allow things I can't control to get to me.  That is something easier said than done.

"If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it"

Yes!  That is exactly what I want.  His will for me.  Nothing else.

"I lift my empty hands (come fill me up again)
Have Your way my King (I give my all to You)
I lift my eyes again (Was blind but now I see)
‘Cause You are all I need"

He is definitely all I need to get through the good days and the bad days.  No.  I don't like using the terms "good" and "bad" when it comes to talking about days.  There are just some days that are tougher to get through than others.  Sometimes they are tougher because I make them that way.  When I allow the enemy to cause me to doubt myself, is one of the things that can make a day tougher.  When I don't listen to my body, a day can be tougher.  When I take on the weight of the world, a day can be tougher.

I needed reminded that when I pray for people or circumstances I don't have to fix things myself.  Instead I need to allow the Lord to work through my prayers.  Sometimes my prayers are so deep and it's hard to not allow the people/circumstances to get to me.  There are so many people who are dealing with satan in a family member's life.  If I allow my prayers to pull me down, then I'm allowing satan a foothold in my own life. 

Earlier this week I told someone I had my full armor of God on because I felt like I was going into the enemy's camp.  At the time, I didn't realize just how true that was.  The enemy is fighting for me and I refuse to allow him victory.  It order to have victory in the Lord all pieces need to be in place each and every day.  Many teach of six pieces of armor (Ephesians 6:10-17) but there is a seventh piece and that is praying in the Spirit (vs. 18-20).

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvationand the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


This morning I am praying the full armor of God over myself.  I also pray it over anyone who is in battle with the enemy.  

I pray the belt of truth so that I will not be deceived by the "father of lies" (John 8:44).  
I pray the breastplate of righteousness to keep the vulnerable areas of my life protected.  
I pray the footwear of the readiness of the Gospel so that I might flee the enemy and move in the Lord's will.
I pray the shield of faith so when the attacks come at me my faith in the Lord will enable me to continue standing.
I pray the helmet of salvation so the enemy will see I belong to the Lord.
I pray the sword of the Spirit will take over me completely so I have the best offense to anything that comes my way.
I pray my prayers will open doors that need opened and close doors that need closed not only for myself but for those I pray for.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of "Help Me Find It" this morning and then for showing me the path on where to find the peace I need.  Thank You for being with me these last few days that were so tough.  I praise You for giving me the realization this morning that the doubts going through my mind belonged to the enemy.  Thank You for taking care of those doubts and clearing them out of my mind.  So many tears have flowed this week but the ones today are ones of peace that You have given me.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for being My Full Armor.  Amen.


No comments: