Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Ruth 1:16-17 - Is God Enough For You?

16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”

"Is God enough for you?"  What a loaded question...one too make you think and ponder upon.  I loved hearing the story of Ruth again last night.  Hearing of her complete surrender always encourages me.

Living a life of surrender is where I choose to be.  Hearing His Voice and following His prompting is the easiest place for me to live.  I am so grateful for the day I finally realized what it took to live a peaceful life.  I have so many people who question how I can call my life peaceful when it is so chaotic.  LOL  Peace comes in the chaos when we lean on Jesus  Peace comes in the storms of life when we allow Him our total self.

It's funny to think about us "allowing" Him anything.  We aren't ours.  Nothing we have is ours.  Everything comes from Him.  Yet because we hold onto things we think we have control.  NOT!  We just think we have control.  Sometimes I picture The Lord up there watching us and probably laughing at us.  I'm sure there are times He shakes His head at us as we try to do things in our own strength or in our own way.

Freedom comes when we realize total surrender is the best choice we could ever make on this earth.  Total surrender on this earth will bring peace in our earthly flesh.  Woo hoo!

Yesterday was full of "stuff" that could have drove me crazy because I felt out of control.  Thankfully The Lord reminded me He is the only One to be in control.  He already had things taken care of before they happened.  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
I'm not sure what all today holds.  I do know there are some physical things that could get in the way today but I give them to You to handle.  I also know there may be some times you take me out of my comfort zone today and I pray for Your Words on my lips.  Lord, last night I was reminded You don't ask me to do anything You have not already equipped me to do.  Thank You for that reminder as I start another day.  Lord, thank You for being Enough For Me!  Amen.

No comments: