Monday, June 16, 2014

Various Scriptures - Commit to Prayer

Doc has been doing a sermon series called "Serve - Change Your World" with yesterday's sermon entitled "One Person At A Time."  He encouraged us with four points.  Become Aware; Commit to Prayer; Show You Care; and Be Ready to Share.

Commit to Prayer….he encouraged us to not only pray for people but also pray scripture over people.

Pray that the Father would draw them to Jesus...
“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.  John 6:44

Pray against the spirit that binds their minds
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.                    II Cortinthians 4:4

Pray that they come to know God relationally
"The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”  Romans 8:15

Pray that believers will cross their paths and enter into positive relationships with them
"Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”  Matthew 9:38

Pray for a revelation of who Jesus is and what He has done for them


I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  Ephesians 1:17

This morning as I reflect back on yesterday's service I am praying for different ones.  

I pray Psalm 91:1-3 over the one (S) who needs protection from the enemy...
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

I pray II Corinthians 5:17 over the the one (C) who accepted the Lord yesterday...
Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation: the old has gone, the new has come!

I pray Matthew 6:33 over the ones (A, A, B, AGS, J, J, C, B, C, S, B) who acknowledged they want to know from the Lord what His next step is for them
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Dear Jesus,
I pray You will bless my prayers for these ones.  I pray You will be so real to people that there will be no doubt that You want more of them.  I pray for the ways of the world to be put aside in order for them to have time for You.  Father, thank You for the tool of prayer.  I praise You for listening to my prayers and for blessing me through Your answers.  You are so awesome in the way You bless me!  Thank You Jesus for being The One Who Listens to My Prayers.  Amen.

No comments: