Sunday, June 22, 2014

John 10:10 - "I Will Rise"

I woke up this morning singing "I Will Rise" and was so blessed.  Sometimes the weight of praying for people can become so overwhelming.  It seems like there is an ever growing list of things/people to pray for.  I have to remember to pray and allow God to work through my prayers instead of fretting over them.  The most important thing to pray for in anyone's life is their spiritual needs.  It grieves me to see believers losing faith due to circumstances put before them on this earth.  If they would only hold onto the promise of eternity with the Lord instead of giving into the enemy, life would be so different for them on this earth and for eternity.

"There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, it is well…"

Woo hoo!  I am so blessed to live based on eternity and not worldly things.  The Lord is My Anchor and for that I'm so grateful.  His love is what gets me through each and every day.  I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is with me no matter what happens.  That is a comforting thought.  I am never alone.  

I also know the reason I can live a life of hope in eternity is because of His death and resurrection.  I love the words in this song that go…

"Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead…"

His death and resurrection are why we are here today.  His sacrifice on the cross was the ultimate thing He could do for us.  When you think about it if we don't life a life in surrender to Him, His death and resurrection were for nothing.  I sure don't want to get before Him and be asked why I didn't live a life fully surrendered to Him.  I use to think my time before Him at judgement would be Him asking about things I did or didn't do.  Now I believe my time will be more of a conversation with Him about a life of surrender.

Many people today would rather die than surrender fully to the Lord.  That's a shame.  Surrender doesn't show weakness but rather shows strength.  A life of surrender gives us exactly what He has in store for us.  I love Jesus' words of John 10:10...The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  This promise is exciting!  I so desire His fullness not only on this earth but in eternity.

This morning I am praying for some pretty tough circumstances in people's lives but I am leaving them with the Lord.  The old saying that you shouldn't worry over things you can't change is so very true.  But the thing that I always think of when I hear that is I can pray and prayer changes things.

Dear Jesus, I pray Your will for
…the one struggling with demons from her past
…the one caught up in a situation not of You and can't figure out how to get out
…the family torn apart by jealousy
…the family grieving over the loss of their loved one
…the family torn apart by a family member's addiction
…the one who has went back into his addictive ways
…the one struggling with major health concerns
…the family who lost their home to a fire
…the ones who have damage to their homes caused by the storm
…the mother who is raising her children in the ways of the world
…the parents who are struggling over their children who have strayed away from You

Thank You Jesus for listening to my prayers this morning.  Thank You for the reminding me of the words to this song.  I am so grateful for the peace You give to me throughout my days.  Thank You for the ones praying for me that allow me to feel more of Your peace.  I love the knowledge that I am ready to say, "And I will rise when He calls my name...No more sorrow, no more pain...I will rise on eagle's wings...Before my God, fall on my knees...And rise, I will rise."  Thank You Jesus for being My Peace!  Amen.



 

No comments: