Friday, December 1, 2023

Mark 12:29-31 - "Love God, Love People"

The sun shining down on our drive to the cabin yesterday felt so good coming in the windows. It reminded me the Son was shining down on us too. God blesses us in abundance every day. He wakes us with another day of life ahead. He provides great conversations where Doug and I not only plan things but we learn more about one another. This morning's conversation about our grandparents and great grandparents was special. Our conversation about people we grew up with and the things we did was priceless. Since moving to South Carolina I have been so blessed by the cotton fields. It was something I had never experienced before which makes it even more special. Growing up and dreaming of going to the beach is a fond memory but even more so with living so close to the ocean. Every time we come to the cabin and the cotton fields are in bloom I am in awe. God created cotton which in turn is used to make much of our clothing. It is so cool to think about. This morning I wondered if cotton is in the Bible. I read this on one website:

  • Cotton, better known as linen in the Bible, carries a positive meaning, and it’s believed to represent spiritual awakening. It’s also deemed a symbol of blessings sent from the Divine. In several verses in the Bible, cotton is associated with purity and God’s laws.

After reading this it makes me realize why seeing the cotton fields is so special for me. They are a true blessing from God. From this day forward when I see the cotton fields I will remember the blessings of a life lived following His laws. This morning I am praying to be more intentional in living out Mark 12:29-31. Jesus answered the question on what is the most important command with naming two commands. Love God and love others. You cannot love others in the fullest manner without loving God. You also cannot love God and not have the desire in your heart to love others. Sometimes people are difficult to like their actions, words, etc. But when we follow God's command we still need to love them. I am sure there are times God shakes His head at me for my actions, words, etc. yet He never stops loving me. Woo hoo! This morning I have the song "Love God, Love People" that Danny Gokey sings...

Love God and love people (People)
We're living in a world that keeps breakin'
But if we want to find a way to change it
It all comes down to this
Love God and love people

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the revelation You gave me yesterday with my last sermon before surgery! Thank You for our safe travels to the cabin and for the cotton fields You spoke through! Thank You for conversations with Doug that make me love him even more than before! Thank You for encouraging me to push through for my visit with Marion yesterday when I wasn't feeling the best! What a blessing to be there to call bingo for those who did not go on the outing. You bless me in abundance every day and I am so grateful for each blessing. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your love over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Love! Amen. 

No comments: