Saturday, December 9, 2023

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:6-7, 13; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "The More I Seek You"

The unknown is just that. Unknown. We go through every day of life with many unknowns. The best part about life is that God knows all. There are no unknowns for Him. He allows things to happen in our life for us to learn from so we can go deeper in our faith. He puts people and circumstances before us to stretch our trust in Him. Sometimes 'unknowns' can be scary yet they do not have to be when we allow Him to empower us. II Timothy 1:7 reads, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control. As we allow God to work in and through us we will receive His strength as Paul writes of in Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. We will receive His wisdom as Proverbs 3:5-6 speaks of. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. We will receive His peace when we adhere to Paul's words in Philippians 4:6-7. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. The 'secret' to living is found in His presence. The more we seek Him the more we will find Him. I am reminded of the song Kari Jobe sings, "The More I Seek You"...

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you

Yes! Praise His Holy Name for loving us so much even when we fall short of His desires for us. I praise Him for accepting me back with open arms when I fell away. I praise Him for giving me His wisdom, strength, and empowerment for the unknowns of life. Doug shared this morning how God woke him at 2AM to pray over me. What a blessing he is in my life! I am so thankful I do not have to face next Friday without him. I know God is always with me but as a widow it would have been hard to go into a major surgery without a husband. I remember going through my fall, surgery, and recuperation in 2020. I am thankful for all who took care of me and showered me with His love. Hearing that I was not allowed to go home since I lived alone was hard. That was even harder to hear with being newly widowed. God got me through those days just as He will get me through the weeks ahead. No matter what happens Friday He is here for me. I have peace with knowing there are no unknowns in this situation for Him. I'm still struggling with the idea of recuperating for six weeks but I pray He will not just get me through it but will glorified in the process.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Doug praying over me during the night as I slept! Thank You for the way You encourage me through Scripture and songs! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen. 

No comments: