Sunday, December 10, 2023

Psalm 5 - "Great Is Thy Faithfulness"


The Lord took me to Psalm 5 this morning. David wrote this Psalm to show the importance of prayer. He not only prayed for himself but for others in this Psalm. David realized God hears our prayers and is ready to hear them at all time. God doesn't need to hear our prayers but rather chooses to hear them. David praises God in the first six verses for hearing our prayers. Matthew Henry wrote, The most encouraging principle of prayer, and the most powerful plea in prayer, is, to look upon him as our King and our God. He is our King of Kings and Lord of Lords as we allow Him to be. This Psalm is called the "Song of the Clouded Dawn" in The Passion Translation. It is broken into five sections. Morning Watch; Making It Right; Multitude of Mercy; Multitude of Sins; and Multitude of Blessings. Verse three directs us to start our days talking with the Lord. We need to repent in this conversation so we have a 'cleans slate' to begin our day. God can and will use us to glorify Him as we allow Him. This takes focusing on Him instead of on our problems, other people, etc. It takes making a conscience effort to live as Christ-like as we can. His love, grace, and mercy make it possible to focus on Him. Verse 8b in The Passion Translation is a plea from David that reminds of Proverbs 3:5-6. Smooth out your road in front of me, straight and level, so that I will know where to walk. Smooth roads are not always where we need to be in life. It is the 'bumps in the road' that take our faith deeper and push us to trust Him more. A life filled with His love, mercy, and grace is a life filled with blessings. Before going to bed, during the night, and again this morning I prayed for pastors who will be in the pulpit this morning along with worship pastors who will lead the congregation God has them in. I prayed for focus for not only myself but for all pastors who are leading today. I have the hymn "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" on my mind this morning. I'm praying for all pastors to remember He provides everything we need. I pray for all of us to remember no matter what lies ahead today God desires to be glorified.

“Great Is Thy Faithfulness!” “Great Is Thy Faithfulness!”
Morning By Morning New Mercies I See;
All I Have Needed Thy Hand Hath Provided
“Great Is Thy Faithfulness,” Lord, Unto Me!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the full day of blessings yesterday that Doug and I shared! Thank You for friends like Anna, Sandy, and Mary who are praying for me! Thank You for being with not only myself but all pastors to be focused on You! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your provision for many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Provider! Amen. 

No comments: