Thursday, December 7, 2023

John 12:27-28 - "Where Are You Christmas?"

Over the last few weeks the song "Where Are You Christmas?" has been going through my mind. This Christmas will be different without my Momma here on earth with us. It also will be different in a happy way with having Doug in my life. Yesterday as I sat in a roomful of widows I saw so much hurt. I saw some tears and I saw some smiles. I know a bit of what they are going through as I had three Christmas' as a widow. You hear some say, 'I will never marry again' and then others like myself that knew marriage was what God had planned for me. Distractions will help with the hurt yet they also will hinder the healing process. They will take away our focus on the true Reason for the Season. The words to this song are ones no one wants to experience yet it is through difficulties in life our faith is taken deeper and our trust in God grows stronger.

Where are you, Christmas?
Why can't I find you?
Why have you gone away?
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me?
Why can't I hear music play?
My world is changing
I'm re-arranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too?

God doesn't change, we do. God doesn't leave us, we wander away. We do not have to go through anything alone. We always have Him to talk to. As we are intentional to focus on Him we will realize His love to a greater extent. We will experience His love as He wipes away the tears that fall. We will experience His love as we allow Him to use our hurts for His glory. Last night in Bible study we talked about the importance of our prayers when facing difficulties. We are tempted to pray, 'Father, save me from this hour' yet we need to pray 'Father, glorify Your name' (John 12:27-28). Jesus' words are ones we need to follow. We need to see the example He put before us on how to live as God desires of us. These verses read in The Passion Translation“Even though I am torn within, and my soul is in turmoil, I will not ask the Father to rescue me from this hour of trial. For I have come to fulfill my purpose —to offer myself to God. So, Father, bring glory to your name!” God has a purpose for each one of us. As we fulfill that purpose we will realize His love more than ever before. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for Vonna who leads the widows group and for the opportunity to pray over the group yesterday! Thank You for Your Word that reminds me You are always with me! Thank You for bringing Doug into my life at the perfect time! Lord, I pray I will be more intentional in living out Your purpose for me so You will be glorified through me. Cleanse me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficulties. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Purpose! Amen. 

No comments: