Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Luke 2 - "Jesus Does"

I was in awe yesterday as we walked around Tallulah Falls. God never ceases to amaze me but when I am out in nature I am so amazed. Saturday sitting by the ocean and listening to the crashing waves was amazing. Driving through the mountains for our little getaway was amazing. Standing and looking out over the river in Helen was amazing. Standing at the top and looking down over the waterfalls at Tallulah Falls was amazing. I wish I would have been able to walk further to see more but there will be another day. Doug and I have a list of places to visit and this is definitely on the list. I love being out in nature and am so thankful he enjoys it too. We talked yesterday of the importance to do things while we physically can do them. Last night when we took Marion out to dinner and to see Christmas lights I was reminded it is not just in the physical realm of things but also the mental. She asks the same questions over and over again. I am so thankful Doug is patient with her because it is hard at times. I am thankful for our time with her last night and seeing the smile on her face. Hearing her say, 'This was the best evening!' warmed my heart. We never know how long we or others will have on this earth. We need to make sure we do not miss any opportunity God puts before us to love on people with His love. We also need to make sure we are right with Him so when He calls us home we will be ready. I am thankful God sent His Son to this earth so we all could live. I also am thankful for the opportunity to teach others about Him. My heart was full Sunday when Nick said the purpose for Jesus being born was to die on the cross. My job as his Sunday School teacher is being fulfilled as I pour teaching into him. Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting anywhere when I teach but then God encourages me through conversations such as the one on Sunday. There are times as a pastor I feel like a failure because of decisions people are making. God reminds me I am a tool He is using in people's lives but only He can save them. Many times I know I fail in my personal walk with Him yet He never turns away from me. He is always ready to wrap His arms around me and love on me. I shared Sunday the analogy of Him being like my blankie. When I am feeling discouraged, I just want to lay down and wrap up in my blankie. It makes me feel secure. That is how God is in my life. He makes me feel secure. As I read through the birth of Jesus again I stopped at Luke 2:12 where the angel told the shepherds they would find the baby wrapped in a blanket... I imagine God was making Jesus feel secure by having Mary wrap Him in a blanket. How many times did God make Jesus feel secure in His short time on this earth? I'm sure many times over. God made Him feel secure so He could make us feel secure in His love. Jesus' attributes while on this earth were ones that carry on to us today as we allow Him. I have the song "Jesus Does" on my mind this morning...woo hoo! "Jesus Does" everything we need from Him. His love for us is so great! I love the word picture of Him being my blankie!

Who understands the heart of the sinner
Showers His grace over all our mistakes
Washes us clean with His blood
Jesus does
Who sings the song of sweet forgiveness
Who stole the keys to hell and the grave
Who has the power to save
Jesus does

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing Doug and I had with our getaway! What a magnificent time we had at Tallulah Falls on the way home! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear you through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for Stephanie who is having knee surgery today to have Your peace. I also pray for many going through difficult days to receive Your peace. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Blankie! Amen. 

No comments: