Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Psalm 77 - "Never"


The Lord took me to Psalm 77 this morning. I read it in different translations and settled into The Passion Translation. This Psalm is one everyone can relate to from time to time. There are times when we feel so far away from God. We feel like He isn't answering our prayers yet He always does. I heard yesterday there are three ways He answers prayers. Yes. Not yet. I have something better for you. We may not like His answers yet if we embrace them we will realize great blessings. We may think He isn't listening to us but He always listens. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: Days of trouble must be days of prayer; when God seems to have withdrawn from us, we must seek him till we find him. In the day of his trouble the psalmist did not seek for the diversion of business or amusement, but he sought God, and his favor and grace. Verses twelve through fourteen remind us to think about what He has done for us in the past. We need to be grateful to Him. We need to not allow the enemy to put fear upon us but instead need to trust God and stand in our faith when troubling times come our way. I like how Matthew Henry puts it. The troubled fountain will work itself clear again; and the recollection of former times of joyful experience often raises a hope, tending to relief. Doubts and fears proceed from the want and weakness of faith. Despondency and distrust under affliction, are too often the infirmities of believers, and, as such, are to be thought upon by us with sorrow and shame. When, unbelief is working in us, we must thus suppress its risings. These words are an encouragment for all. No matter what we are going through God is there to love us through it. He gave His Only Son to die for each of us to live. May that sacrifice not be in vain in any of our lives. I am reminded this morning of a song Tasha Laytin sings called "Never" and feeling very grateful God is always with us. He "Never" walks away from us. When we feel separated from Him, it is our own doing.

Never forgotten
Never forsaken
Never abandoned
Not for a second
I am safe in Your hands
Always and forever
You're never not working
My heart is the proof
There's not a broken too broken for You
Will there ever come a day when You're not holding me together?
You say never

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of another day of rest and recuperation! Thank You for Doug taking care of me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult days to realize You are there for them. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Little Evie, and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; Crystal and Eric; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Miracle Maker! Amen. 

No comments: