Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Luke 2 - "Mary, Did You Know?"

Sunday I shared how we need to strive to live in God's presence 24/7, 365 days a year. The same can be said for celebrating His birth. It is not just something to do at Christmas but should be celebrated every day of the year. Last night as we walked around looking at Christmas lights I saw smiles on faces. There were couples holding hands and enjoying the evening just as we were doing. There were parents with children doing the same. I wondered how many of them are in relationship with Jesus. The light displays were empty of Nativity scenes which saddened me. He is the Reason for the Season. Even people not in relationship with Him recognize His birth is the reason for the celebration. So many things have changed over the years since His birth. One thing that has not changed is the fact those who are in relationship with Him need to share His love with others. I wonder what Mary pondered upon in Luke 2:19. What did she think about the shepherds visit to see her Baby Boy? Did she wonder about God's plan on His life? I remember when I would hold my boys as babies and wonder what God had ahead for them. I started praying for my babies when I was a little girl. When I daydreamed of having three boys and three girls as a teenager, I prayed for them and their children. Prayer is an important part of my life. God doesn't need to hear our prayers to change His mind. We need to speak prayers to encourage us. I thought this morning about Mary's time with her Aunt Elizabeth before Baby Jesus and John were born. What did Mary ponder then? Did she realize her role in life as being chosen to be Jesus' mother? What was her relationship with God like before she was given this monumental task? How did her relationship change? So many questions come to my mind. This morning I have "Mary, Did You Know" on my mind. Every time I hear this song I think of Ms Carol who sings it at Christmastime in church. 

Did you know that your baby boy

Is Heaven's perfect Lamb?

This sleeping child you're holding

Is the great 'I Am'

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this time Doug and I had away! Thank You for the beautiful lights and yummy dinner last night! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen. 

No comments: