Friday, December 15, 2023

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Proverbs 3:5-6; Exodus 14:14; II Chronicles 20:15b - "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow"

Life can be overwhelming with all of the 'junk' happening. It breaks my heart to hear of the things people are going through. It makes me want to ask the Lord to return sooner than later yet I know it will happen in His timing. I don't know how people get through life without being in relationship with Him. What I am facing today is nothing compared to what some are facing. I am thankful for the knowledge He is with me no matter the outcome of today's surgery. I am thankful God provided Doug to be with me. There have been many times I wished my Momma were available to talk to yet I am thankful she does not have to fret over my situation. I am so thankful for His Word that encourages me greatly. Today and the days ahead I will continue to stand upon verses that not only encourage me but empower me.

I will stand on His Word to remind me I have nothing to fear. II Timothy 1:7 reads, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.

I will stand on His Word to remind me His strength is all I need for every aspect of life. Philippians 4:13 reads, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

I will stand on His Word to remind me all I have to do is trust Him. Proverbs 3:5-6 reads, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

I will stand on His Word to remind me He knows the outcome of today. Exodus 14:14 reads, The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still. II Chronicles 20:15b, The battle belongs to the Lord.

I am reminded of the hymn "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow" and feeling very blessed to be in relationship with the Lord...

I don't worry o'er the future
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him
For He knows what is ahead.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray for safe travel for Doug and I as we go to Charleston, wisdom for the doctors with my surgery, and for the outcome of my surgery. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for Shari as she awakes for her first time as a widow. May she feel Your strength to get through these tough days. I pray the same for many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; Crystal and Eric; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Strength! Amen. 

No comments: