Monday, December 4, 2023

Philippians 4 - "Walk With Jesus"

I woke up this morning thinking my surgery is only eleven days away. There is so much to get accomplished in those eleven days. Some of it are 'musts' and others are 'wants.' Over these next eleven days I do not want to get caught up in the tasks at hand and miss what the Lord has for me. I also do not want to allow the enemy any open door to cause issues. I am reminded of Paul's words in Philippians 4:6-7. They read in The Passion TranslationDon’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Jesus Christ. Paul's direction is quite clear. Don't worry. Pray about everything with gratitude. Allow God to pour out His peace upon you. It sounds pretty easy but in our humanness it can be difficult. This picture of Doug and I was taken almost nine months ago when he came down to visit. There has been so much happen In the months since it was taken. We got married, both of us sold properties, my Momma left this earth, we bought a pick-up and a cabin...just to name a few. My health issues with a double whammy of a herniated disc and going to have a hysterectomy adds onto the list. Just meshing our lives together has been both a joy and at times trying. Prior to these verses in verse four it reads, Be cheerful with joyous celebration in every season of life. Let your joy overflow! Having a cheerful attitude can be a challenge yet when we allow God to be in control it is doable no matter what our circumstances. The result of living out the words of Paul are found in verse thirteen. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. This is not just in the physical sense but in the mental, emotional, financial, professional, and every aspect of life. God desires us to be successful in life. He desires us to have the goal of eternal life with Him. He gives us His Word to read and ponder upon as our guidebook for life. He encourages us through people, music, Scripture, etc. so we do not have to do life on our own. Praise His Holy Name! This morning the song "Walk With Jesus" is on my mind. These words remind me to keep my focus on Him while on this earth so I can live with Him for eternity.

I'm gonna live the way He says to live
Do what He says to do
You can choose whatever road you choose
But I'm gonna love the way He says to love
Trust the way He says to trust
This world alone will never be enough
So I'm gonna walk with Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Sunday School, church, lunch with my church family, seeing the nativity display with Doug and then the parade! Thank You for Your strength to not just get through the day but to glorify You in the process! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your strength over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Eternity Goal! Amen. 

No comments: