Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13; II Timothy 1:7; Exodus 14:14; II Chronicles 20:15b - "Waymaker"


How do we not allow the past effect today or even the future? It is easy to say 'trust God' but sometimes in my humanness I struggle. Hearing the preliminary results of there being no cancer was wonderful. Then my past experience with preliminary cancer results came to my mind. When the lump was found on my breast seven years ago, the initial pathology showed no cancer. Two days later I received the call saying there was cancer. This time the waiting on pathology can take up to six weeks. Do I trust God? Absolutely. Do I know He is in control of whatever outcome that happens? Absolutely. My plan A is for the final pathology to come back clean. My plan B is if there is cancer then I will have decisions to make on treatment. As I think about my plans I know God already knows which plan will be followed. I am grateful for that knowledge. I also am grateful for those who are praying with and for us. I am grateful for ones who have sent cards/texts, called, dropped off food, etc. My tribe is the best. My Momma always said she had nothing to worry about me because I have such a great support system. I am thankful for these days of rest and recuperation with Doug caring for me. I am thankful for God's Word and music that encourages me daily. One of the songs that has been on my mind over these last few days is "Waymaker"...

Waymaker
Miracle Worker
Promise Keeper
Light in the darkness
My God

Yes! He is all of these to me. He opened doors as my Waymaker for my surgery to be moved up. He has performed many miracles in my life and has kept every promise. When I am discouraged, He is my Light in the darkness. Woo hoo! God's attributes are described in these words. I praise Him for being Who He is in my life. I praise Him for bringing hope and restoration into my life every day as I ask for a cleansing in my spirit so He can fill me. Prior to surgery I had a few verses I was leaning on and continue to find His strength and empowerment through them. 

I will stand on His Word to remind me I have nothing to fear. II Timothy 1:7 reads, God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.

I will stand on His Word to remind me His strength is all I need for every aspect of life. Philippians 4:13 reads, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

I will stand on His Word to remind me all I have to do is trust Him. Proverbs 3:5-6 reads, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.

I will stand on His Word to remind me He knows the outcome of all my days. Exodus 14:14 reads, The Lord will fight for you. You need only to be still. II Chronicles 20:15b, The battle belongs to the Lord.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for this time of rest and recuperation! Thank You for Doug taking care of me so well! Thank You for all who have contacted us, sent cards, dropped off food, etc! Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Even though I probably won't leave the house today I pray people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Little Evie, and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; Crystal and Eric; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Waymaker! Amen. 

No comments: