Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Psalm 105 - "The More I Seek You"

The Lord took me to Psalm 105 this morning. David wrote this Psalm as a praise to the Lord. It reminds us of what the Lord did for the Israelites as they traveled through the wilderness. Sometimes life seems like a wilderness. There are people and circumstances the enemy uses to try to knock down our faith. Those same people and circumstances can be used by God to strengthen our faith. David writes of the blessings that came down upon the Israelites over the years they struggled. Blessings happen in both 'good' days and 'tough' days. Sometimes we have to look for them a little harder than others but they are always there. Yesterday was a day full of blessings with much being accomplished. I was starting to fret over all that needs done before my surgery. God blessed me yesterday with getting a couple things off my list. Several years ago He clearly told me to quit using lists. I did not think I would survive but trusted Him. I had lists for my lists and many times would not go to bed at night if there was even just one thing left unaccomplished. In another conversation with God I asked Him if it were ok for me to have a list for special circumstances such as an event at church. Thankfully He blessed me with, 'Yes, Daughter.' I knew my upcoming surgery was a special circumstance so yesterday morning I wrote out my list. It has two parts. Church and home. After writing my list I prayed for a gift idea and He not only provided the idea but I had made extra a few months back so was very happy to already have them made. Later in the day when I found out how many I needed I was once again blessed with having enough for the project. Woo hoo, God! After this experience and making breakfast for Doug and I we went for a walk and once again were blessed by the beautiful weather. The sun shining down reminded me of the Son shining down on us. The first seven verses of Psalm 105 encourage us to praise Him for all He has done for us. It encourages us to keep our focus on Him. Sometimes when we go through a time of wilderness we lose our focus. Life can become overwhelming in a negative way yet we need to allow Him to overwhelm us with His love in a positive way. We need to continue to lean into His strength in such times. Matthew Henry wrote of verse seven, Seek to have his favour to eternity, therefore continue seeking it while living in this world; for he will not only be found, but he will reward those that diligently seek him. If we want to spend eternity with Him, we must live for Him while on this earth. We must be diligent in loving Him so He can love through us. I love verse three which tells us to be joyful no matter what is happening in life. How does that work when we lose a loved one? How can we be joyful when we go through health issues? How can there be joy when we are hurt by people's words and/or actions? The only way it works is to stay focused on Him so He can work in and through us. My heart is breaking for so many people going through 'tough' days. Some are going through them because of 'bad' decisions they made while others are just because of circumstances of life. My prayer for not only myself but for all is for them to live out verse four in The Passion Translation. Seek more of His strength! Seek more of Him! Let's always be seeking the light of His face. I have the song "The More I Seek You" going through my mind this morning and am praying for this to be my mantra not only in the day ahead but for every day of my life on this earth.

The more I seek you
The more I find you
The more I find you
The more I love you

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with all that was accomplished! Thank You for shining down upon Doug and I as we went for a morning walk, had an afternoon nap, and got the truck cover on! Thank You for my church board who support me so well! Thank You for Your Word that encourages me to, Seek more of His strength! Seek more of Him! Let's always be seeking the light of His face. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts so I can seek You more. I pray for many going through difficult days to seek You. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being The One I Seek! Amen. 



No comments: