Saturday, December 2, 2023

Deuteronomy; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Walk With Jesus"


Yesterday was full of blessings from God. Having our tire fixed quickly when we found a screw in it turned a 'bad' situation into a blessed one. Finding a new restaurant to have breakfast was an adventure as Doug and I shared a variety of items. We love to find little 'hole in the wall' type places and this one did not disappoint one bit. Afterward we picked up some things needed at the cabin and stopped to see Pastor Libby who is working on renovating their new church building. I loved hearing of their plans as she gave us a tour. As we walked through it I had flashbacks of finishing up our building after Doc left this earth. Those were tough days in so many ways with so many obstacles. I prayed for the Batesburg congregation to grow stronger when the obstacles come before them. One of my favorite things for Doug and I to do is to check out little shops but especially when we find antique ones. Yesterday's find was so much fun as we walked through one full of all kinds of things. I love when we like the same things and have a vision on where we could put them. Yesterday's purchase of a frog bell to put on the outside of the barn was one of my favs. My Momma had an old frog planter that moved with us throughout my life. I see similar ones in shops from time to time but are too expensive. This frog bell will remind me of my Momma every time I see it. After we went back to the cabin, ate lunch, and rested we put together a microwave cart we brought with us. That activity blessed me in abundance as we work so well together as we do such things. Doug helping me wash my hair was another blessing in the day. Last night's District Christmas dinner was so encouraging as people spoke life over me. I am so grateful for the prayers going up on my behalf. The good food and fellowship were once again blessings for me. Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself with all the ways God blesses me. Doug and I having Advent devotions before falling asleep was the 'icing on the cake' for a great day. This morning God has me pondering on the story of the Israelites in the wilderness. Many times in my life I have felt like I was in the wilderness but I never went through all they endured. As I reflect back on their story in the book of Deuteronomy I wonder who encouraged them? Did they become discouraged? Did they see God working in their story? Did they have times they wanted to just give up on their journey? Life was challenging for them yet they continued making the trip as God directed. I am sure some grumbled because they were human just like us. Thankfully God is always there to encourage us and get us on the right track. One of the times I was awake during the night He brought Proverbs 3:5-6 to my mind. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. Trust is key for all of us. Allowing Him to be in control of our life is another key aspect we should never lose. As we stay focused on Him we will be blessed with the knowledge He loves us and is there with open arms even when we fail. I am reminded this morning of a song Consumed By Fire sings called "Walk With Jesus"...

I'm gonna live the way He says to live
Do what He says to do
You can choose whatever road you choose
But I'm gonna love the way He says to love
Trust the way He says to trust
This world alone will never be enough
So I'm gonna walk with Jesus

Dear Jesus, Thank You for all the blessings You poured out over Doug and I yesterday and the ones ahead today! I pray for Pastor Libby and the Batesburg congregation as they renovate their new building. Thank You for all who spoke life over me last night at the District Christmas dinner! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in the day ahead. I pray Your love over those going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Love! Amen. 

No comments: