Thursday, December 21, 2023

Matthew 6:19-21 - "Silent Night"

I had dreams of being with my Momma for Christmas. The last ones since Doc left this earth were spent with her. We laughed, made fudge and cookies, talked about past Christmas', etc. Growing up we always went to the Christmas Eve service at church. It was beautiful to see hundreds of candles lit up across the sanctuary. Singing "Silent Night" softly brings back so many memories. The last time Momma and I went to a Christmas Eve service was in 2020. I was in my contraption for my arm from my fall so was unable to drive. She was not driving much and especially after dark but wanted to go to church so badly. I remember thinking my siblings would be upset with me but agreed for us to go. Due to COVID we sat in our car that year. It was beautiful and a memory I will treasure. Memories are precious to have to reflect upon on. Before going to bed last night God brought Matthew 6:19-21 to my mind. This picture is from our sale in Ohio when we downsized to come to South Carolina. We had so much 'stuff' to get rid of yet we also had fifteen years of memories to hold onto. I am so thankful for those memories along with the memories we made after our move. I also am thankful for the memories Doug and I have made over these last months. I am thankful for the memories I have of my babies growing up and now their babies growing up. I am thankful for the life God blesses me with every day. Today I am praying for many who have loved ones who have lost their memory. I am thankful both my Daddy and my Momma never progressed to complete memory loss while on this earth. I'm praying for a daughter that doesn't visit her mother because the mother doesn't remember her. That saddens my heart. We just never know if/when a recollection will happen in such situations. Once again I am thankful for my Christmas Eve memories that included being in a church service.

Silent night, Holy night,
All is calm, all is bright,
'Round yon Virgin Mother and Child,
Holy Infant so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for memories! Thank You for Doug taking care of me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult days to lean into Your strength. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Little Evie, and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; Crystal and Eric; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Memory Maker! Amen. 

No comments: