Monday, December 11, 2023

Psalm 16:11 - "Here In Your Presence"


Yesterday's Advent meditation was on peace. We find His peace in His presence. Saturday as we sat at the beach I felt God's presence through all five senses. The sand between my toes and the wind blowing across my face. The sound of the waves crashing. The smell of the sea air. Seeing the children play in the sand along the edge of the water. Our packed picnic lunch was enjoyed as we enjoyed the beauty of His creation. Saturday was a day full of activity from start to finish. Farmer's Market, a walk in Port Royal with stopping at a craft market, picking up shells at the Sands, lunch out at Hunting Island with a nice visit with Will and Sandy, and watching Port Royal's Christmas golf cart parade. Makes me tired just thinking about it...lol. I was thinking this morning of all the things that need done before my surgery Friday. The list is dwindling but there is still quite a bit on it. Instead of getting things accomplished Doug and I decided to run away for a pre surgery get away. Driving into the town and seeing all the Christmas lights was a treat. I can't wait to get out walking this morning to see all the little shops. No matter what we are doing God is with us. His presence is where I strive to live. In the midst of chaos in ministry He is there to empower me. When my physical body falls apart and needs things such as this upcoming surgery, He is there to be my strength. All I have to do is trust Him and allow Him to be who He desires to be in my life. I read Psalm 16:11 yesterday in my sermon. It reads, You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence. Nehemiah 8:10b tells us, The joy of the Lord is my strength. Woo hoo! We can have His peace and His joy as we live in His presence. Praise His Holy Name! I have the song "Here In Your Presence" on my mind this morning...

Found in Your hands, fullness of joy
Every fear suddenly wiped away
Here in Your presence

As I preached about yesterday, I am going to be more intentional in being in His presence not just this week as I continue to be in this 'waiting room' of life but every day. God does not choose to be with us just part of the time but 24/7. We need to make that same choice.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for this little get-away Doug and I have today! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your peace and joy over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen. 

No comments: