Friday, December 22, 2023

Luke 1 - "The More I Seek You"


I was in awe this morning as I again read the account of Mary and Elizabeth finding out they were going to have babies in Luke 1. Both of their babies came into this world with a purpose to live for the Lord. I ponder upon a few questions this morning. What was my purpose for being born? Am I fulfilling that purpose? Is my Heavenly Father proud of me? How can I fulfill my purpose better? The way to fulfill my purpose better is by staying focused on God. When I live in His presence, I will not only hear His voice but have the desire to walk in obedience to Him. Living in His presence gives us the desire to please Him more with every ounce of our being. My daily prayer asking for a cleansing has a purpose in itself. That purpose is so people will see/hear Him through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I do not want to go before Him because when I do I mess things up. I do not want to manipulate circumstances to make them the way I think they should be. Once again, if I do I will mess things up. Mary's words in Luke 1:38 are ones I need to have on my heart 24/7. “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her. I started praying at the beginning of the month for a word from the Lord for 2024. Over the years He has given me different words to concentrate on throughout the year. Expectation was one of my favorites. We expect things all the time in life. Sometimes our expectations are disappointments in our human flesh yet when we live in His presence we know everything that happens fulfills His will for us. Therefore, the disappointments are short-lived. This morning as I read Luke 1 and prayed He gave me the word fulfilled for 2024. I am excited to see how doors will be opened with the concentration on this word. The dictionary gives this for a definition of fulfilled... satisfied or happy because of fully developing one's abilities or character: Wow! There is a key word in this definition and that is fully. I strive to be like Christ every day. There are days I do better than others yet I don't quit trying. The desire of my heart is to please Him and to fulfill the purpose He has for me while on this earth so I will spend eternity with Him. As I read this definition again I think about how I do not believe recently going through the spiritual gifts assessment was a coincidence. He was laying the ground work for 2024. The more intentional I am in walking in His presence the more I will be fulfilled. The more I seek His will the more I will be fulfilled. The more I live out the purpose He has on my life the more I will be fulfilled. Woo hoo! I love verse forty-five of Luke 1 with Elizabeth's words to Mary. "Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!” This butterfly pin was given to me by my friend Amy after Doc died. She shared how God was going to give me new life  just as He does with a butterfly. God continues to fulfill His promises in my life over and over again. Woo hoo! I am reminded of the song "The More I Seek You" this morning...

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat
This love is so deep, its more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, its overwhelming

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug taking me out for breakfast! Thank You for Amy giving me this butterfly pin in 2020 and speaking words of life over me! Thank You for the word fulfilled for 2024! I am excited to experience more of You in the new year! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult days to seek more of You.My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Little Evie, and Dan. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; Mallory and Baby Zion; Sandra; Crystal and Eric; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Fulfillment Maker! Amen. 

No comments: