Saturday, August 9, 2014

Various Scriptures - Why, Lord?

Lord, why do I have to have MS?  Why do I have to have such annoying things such as a tingle on the inside of my big toe for hours/days on end?  Why do I have to be fatigued?  Why…why…why???  OK, Lord I'm through ranting…at least for a couple minutes.  Sorry!  I just get so tired of it.  But then again I need to be thankful it's not worse than it is or even something that I'd be fighting for my life with.  So does that make be blessed to have MS?  Maybe in the sense that I could have something worse.  Or maybe in the sense that I could have one of the more debilitating types of MS.  But Lord when I think of MS I don't feel blessed.  OK, I need You to remind me of the blessings I have experienced through the MS.


  1. Physical healing over not just particular parts of my body but also a complete healing for a period of time.  Thank You Jesus for those few years of complete healing AND most of all thank You for allowing me to keep the feeling in my right side when the rest of the MS came back.  Thank You for all the times You restored my body through doctors, medicine, physical therapy…eyesight returned to normal, legs/arms started working again, etc.  I praise You, Father, for the time of instant healing when one touched my feet.
  2. Emotional healing when I can't function "normal" and the attitude You sustain in me that You are my strength and I can do all things through You who strengthens me.  (Philippians 4:3)
  3. The joy You give me in knowing You have a purpose for the MS.  I know many times You have told me people need to see how I handle it with a deep faith.  Father, I'm sorry when I am not as strong as other times.  I'm sorry if I fail in people seeing my faith through tough times.  I stand on James 1:2-3.  Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 
Lord, You bless me in so many ways and I am grateful to You for the way You bring me through the valleys and allow me to have the mountaintop experiences.  I praise You Father for being the One who strengthens me, the One who loves me, the One who enables me to deal with MS in the way I do.  Father, today is a new day.  I'm not sure if You will take away the tingling in my big toe or not but I do know You will enable me to do what You so desire of me.  You know my plans for the day but I am anxious to see how the day unfolds and what Your plans are for it.  Bless my day, Lord.  Give me exactly what I need physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for this day.  Psalm 118:24 says, This is the day that You have made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.  I stand on this scripture too…even with a tingling toe.  Thank You Jesus for being My All In All.

Amen

No comments: