Thursday, August 28, 2014

Matthew 18:19-20 - "And All The People Said Amen"

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”     Matthew 18:19-20

I love, love, love our corporate prayer time.  I get so blessed by hearing my brothers and sisters lifting their voices to the Lord.  

Praise
Repent
Ask
Yield

After we go through these areas then we speak out whatever the Lord lays on our hearts.  I was extremely blessed last night when twice as I was ready to pray something John started praying on the same thoughts.  That was confirmation to me that I was hearing from the Lord. Another thing that the Lord has done since we started this back up is that when the time is over, according to the Lord not us, He gives me a song that Matt Maher sings, "And All The People Said Amen."  It's like that is my sign that we are done.  It's so cool.

This morning I am going to use this same format to pray.

Praise - I praise You Lord for the opportunities that You gave me yesterday to be You to others and for the opportunities You will give me today.  I praise You for the strength You are giving us through these tough days.  I praise You for the protection You gave me yesterday.  I still don't know what I was protected from but whatever it was I am grateful.  

Repent - Lord, forgive me when I don't take the opportunities You put before me.  Please forgive me when I am crabby.  I thank You for checking me on it yesterday.  Father, forgive me for not doing what You give me in the timeliness You want it done.

Ask - Father, I ask once again for Your comfort to come down upon all those who have lost a loved one.  I also ask for healing in relationships.  Lord, I pray for doors to be open that need opened and doors to be shut that need shut.  Lord, I pray as I did a few days ago…

Lord, open my eyes to see more clearly who You are and who You aren't.  Open my eyes to see more clearly who I am and to see more clearly this world we live in.  Most of all, Lord, open my eyes to see Your mission for me.  Father, enable me to not miss anything You have for me today.  

Yield - Just as I pray each and every day….more of You and less of me is the desire of my heart.  I want to be totally surrendered to You.  Lord, open my eyes to the desires of Your heart.  Lord, I pray as I did a few days ago…

Lord, incline my heart to understand You more deeply and to desire You more passionately. Father, make Your Will my will.  Father, my desire is to love you with everything I have…my whole heart, mind and soul.  Purify me, deepen my faith and trust in You.

Lord, order my steps to address what my eyes have been opened to see.  Order my steps to reflect the direction that my heart has been inclined.  Order my steps to love You and my neighbor concretely, specifically, incarnationally.  Lord, the desire of my heart is to live a sanctified wholly life for you.  A life of complete surrender.

Thank You Jesus for being The One I Pray To….Amen.





No comments: