Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Revelation 22:1-21 - "River of Life"

I woke up this morning with the kids song "I've Got A River of Life Flowing Out of Me" and started chuckling.  I haven't heard that one for awhile so where did it come from?  No doubt the Lord put it in my heart to remind me that He is, and always has been, with me.  "Makes the lame to walk and the blind to see…"  Woo hoo!  I can attest to both of those things happening in my life.  He has brought me through many times with the MS with walking issues.  He also restored my sight when I had the issue with it.  

As I think back on all He has done for me, I feel guilty.  Why did He choose to answer my prayers and not others?  Why did He heal me and not the ones with life-threatening diseases?  Why do I have the "good" MS and not the more debilitating one?  I don't deserve all the goodness He has bestowed upon me.  I'm just me not some famous person.  I believe He gives me these thoughts to make me realize no one deserves any of the goodness He gives.  He doesn't give some people more than others.  He gives each of us exactly what we need.  

The Lord has told me over and over again the reason for my MS is because others need to see how I deal with it.  They need to see my faith in action.  Sometimes I feel like I don't do a very good job of showing it.  Like on Sunday when I was tingling all over and all it took to start crying was a friend who asked me how I as doing and hugged me.  The tears started to flow as she held me and prayed.  I was so grateful for her prayers.  While she prayed I prayed and asked that He stop the tingling.  I told Him that it would be an awesome testimony to give in the service.  But that wasn't His plan and I accepted that.

That neat part about the situation is what He reminded me of this morning.  No matter whether I am walking or flat on my back; numb or have feeling; tingling or not…He is my River of Life who does flow from me.  I pray for the River to flow from me as long as the Lord has me on this earth.  But I long for the day when I am face-to-face with the River of Life.  Oh my, how life will be so different.  I will have no more tingling.  There will be no pain because there will be no sickness nor dying.  Worshiping my River of Life will be the only thing happening in heaven.  Woo hoo!  I wonder if the light I carry on this earth will shine brighter in heaven?   

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever. ..."
Revelation 22:1-21 ESV

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder through this little song today that You are my River of Life and You do flow from me no matter what is going on in my life.  Father, I pray for more of a gushing of Your Spirit to flow through me.  I desire more of You and less of me.  Lord, when I think about a river that is turbulent with rapids I guess I could compare that to tough times in life.  On the other hand I want to see it as I want turbulence in my spirit.  I want to be bursting in my spirit with more of You.  Father, thank You for being My River of Life.  Amen.

No comments: